What's new

Air con service

Wilderman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen7 Vtec sport
My air con is working perfectly fine at the moment (hope I dont curse it saying that!) but was wondering how much longer it'll last. My car has 93k on the clock and full service history but no mention of any work being done on the air con system. Is it worth taking it to my local honda dealer and paying them the £60 they want to do an air con service or is there something I can do myself? I know I cant re-gas it but is there more to it?

Normaly a air con service is a anti bac solution to kill any bugs and a regas

With Ian on this one. If you are getting a nice cool blast, then leave well alone.

Depends what they do, some just put a spray in which you can get from a couple of quid at halfords. Other is a drain and recharge of the system which is about £50 from kwik fit.

As others said if its cold and doesnt smell why bother?

Gaz would you trust Kwik fit me not lol

If you use the aircon regularly, then it should probably be fine. The more you use it, the longer the length of service it will give you.

If you do take it somewhere, don't take it anywhere other than Honda. Honda use their own gas and mix of oil to service the system, and their machines never overfill the system.

I've heard lots of horror stories of places like Kwik Fit and I remember even one of our own members making the mistake of using them and his AC Compressor went pop not long after. My local dealer charges £45 from memory so prices can vary from dealer to dealer.

Gaz would you trust Kwik fit me not lol

Yes, Ive had my previous cars done there. It helps when your mate is the manager :lol: (slightly cheaper too)

But you could say why let honda do it? They may put there little traniee on it?