Air Condition

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
HELLO
I HAVE GOT 2007 EXECUTIVE 2.2 DIESEL HONDA

MY PROBLEM IS :,WHEN I TURN ON THE AIRCON ,PESSENGER SIDE WORKING FAIN ,THATS ENOUGHT COLD COME OUT ,BUT DRIVER SIDE IS NOT TOO COLD, ALMOST NOTHING!
LAST YEAR I HAD SAME PROBLEM BUT IT WAS GAS RECHARCHED AND AFTER WAS WORKED FAIN !BUT I TURNED ON TODAY SAME PROBLEM COMES OUT AGAIN!!

WHAT COULD BE PROBLEM? WHAT CAN BE A SOLUTION???
PLEASE HELP ME ANYBODY!
THANK YOU !!

man you want to check up yer English

as for the AC, check you got no leaks firstly and also the pollen filter might be worth looking at.

man you want to check up yer English

as for the AC, check you got no leaks firstly and also the pollen filter might be worth looking at.
ok i know my english is not corect ,but did you understand what i want to ask??!!no?
polen filter is brand new!pessenger side is working fain so it is not leak problem! or 2 diferent system ???AND Propably driver side system leaking?
thank you regards
appologise abaut my English!!

buy a petrol, at least 70-80% of issues on here over the last year are diesel related, almost exclusively to the 7th gen accords.

AC cant be that hard for any mechanic worth his salt to diagnose, take it to a proper garage.

buy a petrol, at least 70-80% of issues on here over the last year are diesel related, almost exclusively to the 7th gen accords.

AC cant be that hard for any mechanic worth his salt to diagnose, take it to a proper garage.
It would be great if you could explain how having a diesel engine rather than a petrol engine might be responsible for the OP's ventilation problems?

but what do you mean LOADS??
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THAT??

telling him to buy a petrol is hardly a unhelpful answer, given the fact most of the problems on here are diesel related!

anyway, the AC should be diagnosed by a competent mechanic, its hardly rocket science.

Nebitomi, if you had this same problem before then the cure will almost certainly have to be the same. I expect you have a small leak from your AC system, so that's why you need to have it recharged again after only one year.

Maybe the guy that did your refill last time can add some sealant this time or maybe a fluorescent dye to help find the leak.

but the pessenger side workin well! how could be leak problem then??
Good question. I don't know the full answer... but if you had exactly the same problem before and it was fixed by regassing the system, then it would be logical to ***ume that this will fix the problem again.

And - once you start having the system regassed - it is usual that it will need doing regularly until the leak is discovered and repaired.

Yeah, diagnosing a leak and go from there. In the mean time, get the system re-gassed and see how things go.

On a side note, let's not litter the forum with Diesel/Petrol arguments. It's horses for courses, swings and roundabouts. It's an age old debate based on preferences and needs, not a right/wrong discussion. Imagine the shoe was on the other foot and you owned a diesel, were very distressed about a fault, posted about it on a forum you're quite new on and got told to buy a petrol. It's not really very nice is it.

Ok, I'm gonna jump in and just give an answer.

I ***ume the system is set to Auto and not Dual mode? Dual mode allows different temperatures for each side of the car?

It is possible that the AC gas is running low. Depending on how old your car is and how much the AC is used/unused you may need re-gassing. This is pretty a straight-forward for a garage/mechanic that has the appropriate equipment. Over here it's about €60 for a flush and re-fill. However, you may have a leak. If you do have a leak when they re-fill they will add a add a green dye to the gas - as such where ever the leak is you'll see a trace of the green dye. As an aside if the gas is low, you might hear a hissing from the ventilation system - but possible not over the sound of the engine.

Now why one side is a different temp to other, it could be a stuck vent causing strange airflow or other. A simple check is to turn the temp to LO with the AC on - is it cold both sides? I mean really cold? If it's really cold on one side but hotter on the other, I'd say you've a ventilation issue rather than an AC issue.

Also, your English is fine, much better than my french, german, dutch, slovak, polish, russian, etc, etc... :)

logical thing seems to be a leak as discussed.

with climate on it will feel cold when the sun is shining as it will use the sensors to regulate the air, when you go into manual control and turn it on its just regular a/c. so try that and see if its cold.

sometimes the a/c can be a bit of a nightmare in fairness.

I have the same problem but seem to be able to clear it by going from hot to cold (max) a couple of times.

I suspect the blender motors on the drivers side that operates the flaps on the heater is sticking.

I had a strange fault with my air con, it felt like it wasn't cold enough, took it to honda for air con and service £60. Then i noticed the air con was sometimes nice and cold then wasn't. So took car back to honda saying they clearly haven't serviced it properly so they diagnosed it free.
It turned out to be the air con relay sticking, part cost me about £15 which they had in stock (could indicate its a common prob?). Fitting and diagnosis was free.

I know symptoms arnt the same as yours but could be worth checking

Hope this helps in some way

I had a strange fault with my air con, it felt like it wasn't cold enough, took it to honda for air con and service £60. Then i noticed the air con was sometimes nice and cold then wasn't. So took car back to honda saying they clearly haven't serviced it properly so they diagnosed it free.
It turned out to be the air con relay sticking, part cost me about £15 which they had in stock (could indicate its a common prob?). Fitting and diagnosis was free.

I know symptoms arnt the same as yours but could be worth checking

Hope this helps in some way
thanks your reply!
do you know where can i find aircon relay?or anybody???
i would like to check!

thanks your reply!
do you know where can i find aircon relay?or anybody???
i would like to check!

The aircon relay is the small dark grey one in the middle between the two high green (if I remember correctly) ones in the main fuse box under the bonnet. Sorry I can't take a picture right now.