What's new

Air conditioning not working

When pressure sensor is faulty,it won't engage fan but compressor might be ticking. There only four electric connections.
Relay
Compressor
Sensor
and buttons on dashboard.
Have you got correct pressure?
System is a tad more complex than that, other sensors and a controller are involved, as in the picture below, which I have copied from post #1 in "diagnosing aircon problems" http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/10382-diagnosing-aircon-problems/

Picture3.jpg

In the case of changing switch do I need to degassing system?

Mate I had a similar problem - had aircon fully evacd and gassed before we went south (when it was 30 degrees!)- nothing!
Checked typeaccord when I got back and checked all the fuses, cleaned up the connectors to the pressure switch and condenser, took a feed to the compressor- still nothing

However the most bizarre thing has happened - looked at a couple of posts today and decided to swap the relays over: When I swapped the relays, the fans stopped but the clutch on the compressor came on and ice-cold air is blowing! (shame I didn't do it a month ago!!)

So, now I know I have a faulty relay right?? Seems not - swapped relays back again and now I have both the compressor clutch working AND the fans are working!!

just by luck I noticed a post on here suggesting the relays - however, I will buy one just in case its short-lived as clearly 1 of them had a fault- worth a try before spending loads

Shame its now raining :unsure:

I started this thread some time ago, and there is a similar thread with lots of good info elswhere on here
But just to finish off....My a/c packed up again some months ago, and went I through all the head scatching, testing the clutch, fans, regas and nothing worked
Still no real data on what was a good or failed pressure switch, bought another one from breakers, still no good and my old PS and the replacement PS all had similar resistance readings
Bit the bullet and bought a new PS £58, checked the readings and just the same as the others, so started to think in terms of new dash unit????
Degassed and fitted the new switch and after regas the system is as new.....ice cold and all working
Cut open one the old units to figure out how it works, detecting high, low and normal.......a few bits of metal, some rubber etc and lots of epoxy filler, so still don't know how Honda do it, but if you have done all the checks, fans, clutch, gas and still nothing, swap the switch

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my air con, the problem was in the soldering between the connector and the electronic board of the controler, the soldering was broked, the diagnose was made by an car ac technician and he just redone the soldering and charged me a couple o labour hours.

I tried previously to diagnose doing some of the steps that you described, sometimes it seemed that the problem was solved and then after some time would fail again, this was explained by the broken soldering that was making and loosing contact during time.

Best Regards,