What's new

Alarm continually going off

boyse7en

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
The alarm on my 2007 accord 2.2 tourer keeps going off, and I can't stop it using the unlock-lock-unlock with the key.
I had to start the car and drive off to a remote spot with the alarm going off. After about 15 mins driving the alarm stopped. I drove home, parked up and as soon as I opened the door the alarm went off again. Tried locking it with the key and the alarm stopped after about 30 seconds and fortunately hasn't gone off again (so far).

Any idea what's going on? Or how to stop it next time it happens? Or can I disable the alarm completely, or not set it when I lock the car?

Bounder

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S CW3
Usually this is the battery pack in the alarm system has died , its in the rear of the car behind the subwoofer.
You need to replace it with another I think cellpack solutions were selling ones that would work.
They are not expensive.

Dave Sparky

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2 CDI
Bounder is spot on and the link he's provided is as well, same thing happened to my Accord saloon in 2019. I got the battery pack from CPC but they seem to have stopped stocking it now. The 6 cell button 7.2v battery pack charges from your main battery, it may alarm again when you replace it and connect back up but it will settle down when charged and reset.

boyse7en

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
That's great. Thanks for the info
I've ordered one from https://www.buyabattery.co.uk/alarm-bell-box-battery-7-2v-7-2-volt-ni-mh-gp320bvh6a6.html as CellpackSolutions haven't got any in stock.

My plan is to disconnect the main car 12v battery, strip out the boot and find the alarm, remove old battery, connect in the new battery, reconnect the car battery. Does that sound right? I know they can get a bit funny about the order in which they are connected. Or will the lack of a 12v supply to the alarm unit make it go off as soon as i connect the new 7.2v battery? I'm confusing myself now :)

boyse7en

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
Found and removed the alarm and the battery. It looks a bit different to the one I ordered but voltage is the same so hopefully will swap in ok.
The current battery shows 6.1v on the tester. That's after the car has been sat all night.

I might take pics as I put it back together to show how the trim bits all come off.IMG_20210114_103008~01.jpg

Bounder

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S CW3
From memory the whole of that side nearly had to come out of the Tourer, I even remember removing the plastic trim by the rear seat down along the arch.
Its a bit of a pain to get to that alarm.

boyse7en

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
From memory the whole of that side nearly had to come out of the Tourer, I even remember removing the plastic trim by the rear seat down along the arch.
Its a bit of a pain to get to that alarm.
It's not too bad, but yes, most of the trim has to come out. The tricky bit is working out where to safely lever to pop out any clips