What's new

Alarm continually going off

boyse7en

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
The alarm on my 2007 accord 2.2 tourer keeps going off, and I can't stop it using the unlock-lock-unlock with the key.
I had to start the car and drive off to a remote spot with the alarm going off. After about 15 mins driving the alarm stopped. I drove home, parked up and as soon as I opened the door the alarm went off again. Tried locking it with the key and the alarm stopped after about 30 seconds and fortunately hasn't gone off again (so far).

Any idea what's going on? Or how to stop it next time it happens? Or can I disable the alarm completely, or not set it when I lock the car?

Usually this is the battery pack in the alarm system has died , its in the rear of the car behind the subwoofer.
You need to replace it with another I think cellpack solutions were selling ones that would work.
They are not expensive.

Bounder is spot on and the link he's provided is as well, same thing happened to my Accord saloon in 2019. I got the battery pack from CPC but they seem to have stopped stocking it now. The 6 cell button 7.2v battery pack charges from your main battery, it may alarm again when you replace it and connect back up but it will settle down when charged and reset.

That's great. Thanks for the info
I've ordered one from https://www.buyabattery.co.uk/alarm-bell-box-battery-7-2v-7-2-volt-ni-mh-gp320bvh6a6.html as CellpackSolutions haven't got any in stock.

My plan is to disconnect the main car 12v battery, strip out the boot and find the alarm, remove old battery, connect in the new battery, reconnect the car battery. Does that sound right? I know they can get a bit funny about the order in which they are connected. Or will the lack of a 12v supply to the alarm unit make it go off as soon as i connect the new 7.2v battery? I'm confusing myself now :)

Found and removed the alarm and the battery. It looks a bit different to the one I ordered but voltage is the same so hopefully will swap in ok.
The current battery shows 6.1v on the tester. That's after the car has been sat all night.

I might take pics as I put it back together to show how the trim bits all come off.IMG_20210114_103008~01.jpg

From memory the whole of that side nearly had to come out of the Tourer, I even remember removing the plastic trim by the rear seat down along the arch.
Its a bit of a pain to get to that alarm.

From memory the whole of that side nearly had to come out of the Tourer, I even remember removing the plastic trim by the rear seat down along the arch.
Its a bit of a pain to get to that alarm.
It's not too bad, but yes, most of the trim has to come out. The tricky bit is working out where to safely lever to pop out any clips

I had the same issue over the last few months and did a lot of surfing to work out the issue and a solution. Having a Tourer, there is a lot of boot trim to remove, so the easy fix is a pair of ear plugs.
Whenever the car is left locked for a period of time, there is a drain on tha main battery and then the alarm back up battery. For a tourer, this tends to be a 2 week period approx.. Bottom line is that it takes ablout 20 minutes to charge the alarm back up battery from when the car is jump started.
So you can either leave it on your drive for 20mins and annoy your neighbours OR pop in a pair of earplugs, jump start the car and then drive it for 20 minutes elesewhere, whrer you may only slightly annoy a lot more people.
This is also linked to an issue with condensation and a wet boot in these covid times https://typeaccord.co.uk/board/threads/tourer-boot-leak-solved.25931/post-262762

Seems I may have a similar problem as my alarm has started to randomly go off today on my 2004 Tourer. Main battery is fine at 12.5V but I expect the cold weather has killed the backup. Anybody provide any details on exactly where to find it? Which side of the boot for starters. :)

RHS behind the Subwoofer.
You have to remove a lot of other panels before you can remove the subwoofer panel though.

Seems I may have a similar problem as my alarm has started to randomly go off today on my 2004 Tourer. Main battery is fine at 12.5V but I expect the cold weather has killed the backup. Anybody provide any details on exactly where to find it? Which side of the boot for starters. :)

Please tell me there isn't a battery that will need replacing in a 2005 tourer

The boot is full and I'm not going to use her for the next couple of days.

Check the weather ........

I found two main issues.

The first was when I wasn't using the car much and the main battery and alarm batery failed. Rather than empty the car and pull out all the panelling, a pair of earplugs, a jump start and a 20-30 minute drive up the road fixed the problem on a number of occassions as this charged the alarm battery. Once the alarm battery is charged, all is well.

The second issue that the alarm started going off intermitantly and often at 5am! This was related to what was thought to be a water leak in the boot area but turned out to be excessive condensation from not being used regularly. In the right corner of the boot under the trim under the subwoofer there is a connection block. I found this was getting wet from condensation running down from the roof and this either triggered the alarm or shorted and discharged the battery. This was discovered by the boot light randomly lighting up when droving one day. See full details and images on the boot leak post (link below). Since doing the condensation fix, all my alarm and battery issues are now resolved.

After 30 mins of ripping the boot trim out I've managed to find and remove the sounder so at least the alarm won't be going off now! Taken it apart and got the battery out as well so will look for a replacement later.

Also found a small puddle of water/ice in the corner so will make sure the connector block is out of the way when I put it all back together.

After 30 mins of ripping the boot trim out I've managed to find and remove the sounder so at least the alarm won't be going off now! Taken it apart and got the battery out as well so will look for a replacement later.

Also found a small puddle of water/ice in the corner so will make sure the connector block is out of the way when I put it all back together.
I dont want to hijack the thread but i still have a slight leak from this corner despite relentless resealing....any idea where its getting in? maybe theres a stain you can track whilst your trim is off? I was restricted slightly as i hadn't gone as far as removing liner over wheel arch..thanks.

I dont want to hijack the thread but i still have a slight leak from this corner despite relentless resealing....any idea where its getting in? maybe theres a stain you can track whilst your trim is off? I was restricted slightly as i hadn't gone as far as removing liner over wheel arch..thanks.

I'll see if I have time to run the hose over it when i come to rebuild it

Thankyou! I have had bumper off and resealed the mounting clips and various plastic grommits.I will whip it off again and do more testing asap.Im currently building a large carport for the honda so im unable to use my work space for a week or two.Hope its no hassle for you just seemed a perfect time as your fully stripped out in boot...good luck hope you find something?

I am having this issue! I have a 2.4 petrol automatic accord and am wondering if anyone in South West UK, preferably Cornwall, has fixed this issue and might be able to fix mine? Please get in touch. Thank you.

I had this on my 7th gen petrol 2007 a few times. The first time I got a bigger battery, had to squeeze it in (some outlets said the battery I was buying wouldn't fit, and some did, it was tight, but it fit. 7th gens are heavy on juice from all of my reading over the years, so it made sense to get the biggest batter I could). It did the job.

The next time it happened was about two years later, the car hadn't been driven for a week, went on a short run, then it kicked off, was going off while driving.

What I did was I went out on the motorway gave it a good run, but also on the way there I killed the engine while rolling and started it up again a few times, pressed the alarm on and off buttons a few times, and it went away.

It was probably the low battery (main car battery), but maybe the messing about helped. Never had to touch any back seat backups etc.