Alarm going off

DamonT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord Diesel
Hi All,

I wondered if someone could shed some light on this:

I got ready for work as usual, went out to the car, unlocked it, and as soon as I opened the drivers door, the alarm went off... I closed the door, re-locked the car, alarm still going, probably for about 20 seconds or so... unlocked the car, same thing happened..

So I got in the car and started the engine, alarm still going, switched the engine off, got back out, locked the doors with the key rather than the central locking... then unlocked it using the key... same thing happened..

eventually after trying and retrying different things with the central locking and also using the spare key. I decided to just start the engine and leave it running while the alarm was blaring... the alarm went off, but never came back on, I chanced turning the engine off and getting back out the car and locked it, tried unlocking and the alarm never went off this time, everything seems to be back to normal.

Does anyone know what could've triggered this?

I should also point out that the drivers side lock is quite difficult to get the key in, you have to shuffle the key about and it will eventually go in... I don't know if someone has tried to steal the car last night, or it was like that when I bought it (just over a week ago I picked it up).

Thanks.

A 2007 Accord is the 7th gen facelift version, which comes with the dreaded HFT module (Hands Free Telephone) aka BT module (bluetooth module).

The HFT module eventually starts to drain the car battery overnight, and the knock-on effect of a slightly drained car battery, is that the siren (which has its own built-in battery and is in the rear offside wing) loses communication with the MICU (a device built into the under-dash fuse-box). The MICU monitors the status of the doors and fails to inform the siren that the system is now dis-armed, so when the ultrasonic sensor detects movement inside the car, the siren does not know that movement is acceptable, and complains loudly. The simplest way to stop it is to do what you have done, which is to start the engine and let the car battery charge up, then attempt to reset everything.

If you want to check the current drain when the car is locked, try the process shown in the following http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/21766-alarm-going-of/?p=231529

Great, thanks very much for clarifying mate, I actually ***umed the previous owner had come across a fault with the HFT module before, as the voice control button on my steering wheel does absolutely nothing at all. So I'm unsure whether its been disconnected, or just doesn't work as it should.

I found a guide on how to replace the HFT module, so I've disconnected it.

Will it cause any other problems if I just leave it disconnected?

Thanks

disconnected as in unplugged the green connector mate.

DamonT said:
disconnected as in unplugged the green connector mate.
ah well, at least you can plug the HFT back in if you sell the car ;)

but most people pull out the module and chuck it in the bin

I have the same issue and it was a nightmare. New car battery would drain in few days of not driving. First I unplugged the damn siren speaker so at least it was quite but noticed my car's BT unit was not functioning when I tried connect it to my phone. Now after reading this I unplugged HFT unit since I don't plan to use hands free at all. Will that spare my battery life

well mate, I disconnected my HFT Module, and the alarm hasn't gone off since, all is well :)

Couldn't agree more mate!

Same thing happened to me today. Unlocked the car, the alarm goes off. Stops. Open door. Alarm goes off. So I let the engine run whilst sitting still for five minutes. Then it was fine.

Just removed the HFT module. It felt quite warm... will try again tomorrow.