What's new

Alarm Keeps Going Off - But No Indicators Flashing & No Immobiliser

Have just tested horn and it is a two tone horn... And seem to be from other side of front... Will look tomorrow to see if the siren is one tone and a second one on other side is the other tone.... If not I can disconnect the siren and reconnect the bonnet wiring. I may have a bluetooth Hands free issue draining main battery... As I don't use it as it is unreliable.... Can disconnect it if siren is separate and then get rid if s/c on sensor wire and maybe clear main battery drain and reinstate siren.

Bluetooth drain is common parasite issue disconnect module or remove fuse for Bluetooth and test, keep us posted on findings

Bluetooth drain is common parasite issue disconnect module or remove fuse for Bluetooth and test, keep us posted on findings
Will update tomorrow... Its getting a bit late now and i will be losing my bits and pieces... Am recharging my new main battery as it was virtually flat.... Got the one I replaced and found it had life left in it.... So on car while new one recharges... Will chat tomorrow

Will update tomorrow... Its getting a bit late now and i will be losing my bits and pieces... Am recharging my new main battery as it was virtually flat.... Got the one I replaced and found it had life left in it.... So on car while new one recharges... Will chat tomorrow
Hi Honda_saj
Update.... I thought i had a dedicated siren but it is not so... I have 2 tones and both operate in alarm condition.... So can't isolate the siren. However as the alarm isn't a cobra one with backup batteries i think it only uses the main battery and I suspect the shorting link fitted in connector for bonnet switch to disable the alarm setting is draining the battery... as my new car battery was very low after a week back from trip to lincolnshire... So have temporarily fitted the original battery having fully charged it after unnecessary battery replacement at the start of my issues, and tested alarm with bonnet open and bonnet switch out of circuit (as if bonnet is closed) and alarm and all functions are fine... Central locking, indicators flash etc and no bogus alarms. tested by opening door via open window and hey presto... Alarm goes off. Reset and ok. Checked battery voltage and creeping back up after siren operation... Back to nearly fully charged. No downward movement on volts so suspect the bluetooth module is not draining the battery so leaving in situ for now. So to recap... I suspect my first alarm issue was down to bonnet catch intermittently showing open bonnet condition ie S/c contact...so disabled alarm by link in bonnet catch connector. Normally all contacts are open with and bonnet and doors closed and the alarm sets.... But with one door open or bonnet open It will not set so no nuisance alarms. But having subsequently replaced bonnet catch and having alarms randomly..i suspect that main battery was low.... Due to the previous short on the bonnet catch connector... (to stop spuriously going into alarm) . The link is now removed but not connected to the catch so will never trigger alarm if it is still dodgy... As yet to be determined over coming weeks.... With fully charged car battery and no unknown current drain.
Sorry it reads like War and Peace but hope you can follow my tortuous rationale.... But it does seem normal again now.

I have a late 2007 Tourer, alarm went off mid covid at 1am (annoyed the neighbours!) + other random times. Took car to local Honda dealer and the said remove the loud sounder which contains electronics. Made by Cobra.

Random alarms stopped, but alarm light on instument panel lights up only for a few secs when starting and stopping the engine, annoying me!

On this tourer is on the rear drivers side, almost opposite the fuel filler on the drivers side.

Finally found a battery supplier, just arrived a couple of days ago.

Now summing up the energy etc to remove panels and replace sounder.

Please let me know where the bonnet switch is?

Watch this space for more!

Let me know if you would like pics of the Cobra sounder and it's battery.

Wish me luck!

I have a late 2007 Tourer, alarm went off mid covid at 1am (annoyed the neighbours!) + other random times. Took car to local Honda dealer and the said remove the loud sounder which contains electronics. Made by Cobra.

On this tourer is on the rear drivers side, almost opposite the fuel filler on the drivers side.

Finally found a battery supplier, just arrived a couple of days ago.

Now summing up the energy etc to remove panels and replace sounder.

Please let me know where the bonnet switch is?

Watch this space for more!

Let me know if you would like pics of the Cobra sounder and it's battery.

Wish me luck!

Hi jerseyman,
The switch is on the bonnet catch, remove plastic trim between shiny grill front and metalwork near radiator... Lots of plastic rivets... Pop up the middle of them using a forked device... I filed a notch in a screwdriver first time but bought a special tool to remove them with plastic tools for interior trim removal, off ebay.
Lift plastic trim over bonnet release handle and you can see a plastic shroud around the bonnet catch. 3 bolts to remove.... 2accessible at top and one low down on left side, facing it, need a socket piece and long extension piece to feed through shiny grill. Once removed you can see the bolts that secure the bonnet catch.... The socket piece will be useful again. You may be able to detach the plug on the wiring connector without removing the catch but it is a bit fiddly. The socket is on the switch ***y and plug is on wiring.... You squeeze a tab on plug and it will come out.... But if you can't work it out remove the catch but look at the sides of it first and you will see a mark on the two sides of the catch which align to one of 3marks on the bodywork underneath the edge of the switch.... to enable accurate repositioning of catch later...so bonnet closes correctly. If you suspect the switch on the catch, it is normally closed, ie S/C when the bonnet is open and goes open when bonnet closes... It is a small microswitch and probably unobtainable. So leave it disconnected and it will tell the alarm that the bonnet is closed.. ... Even if open. You should be ok with this as no one will open the bonnet from outside.... In fact if the bonnet release cable ever breaks the garage will have a hard time opening it...
Taking out the trim in the back is a bit of a bind... You need to remove the pop up floor... Which is a bit of a struggle, then rivets along the floor, 3, i think,then the removable piece below the speaker and ths speaker baffle. then the cargo net fixings, 2, then gently prize the side panel away from the back edge, near door edge and two plastic concealed rivets will come off... Careful as the only slide into a slot on the trim and may fall out.
If you can then see the alarm you are going to have to remove it... 2 bolts hold it in place, but mine didn't have one in, I even took the speaker out to get my arm in the cavity but it was nowhere to be found. I think mine is built into the car, maybe integrated into the body ecu,. I even pulled out the trim on the other side and still no cobra alarm. Mine is fine now, car battery must be charged for it to work right and mine was very low and caused my alarm issue.
I now have the replacement batteries that i bought to fix it and didnt need them.
Good luck..

A belated update. It was exactly what you said freddiefrog. There was a battery drain, so I disconnected the Bluetooth module, and the drain disappeared. It was draining the battery, and once the battery was low, the alarm went off. The low battery level causing the alarm to sound, was comfirmed by the Tech at the Honda dealer.
I have been chasing alarm faults and have found the Cobra alarm is not fitted to my tourer, having searched for it in the rear offside and nearside quarters.... I think it is built in and Cobra alarms may be a after market fit to sell off late 07accords without alarms to clear stock before new model came out.
I have isolated the bonnet catch switch and replaced main battery but although i thought i had a fix it has gone off again. What i have found is the boot door warning light comes on erroneously and this I think causes the body ecu to trigger alarm. The main battery being low also features even with the new battery is fully charged and fitted after a period of time. The battery volts drop and at some point the boot door warning reappears and alarm and central locking start failing. The boot warning goes out when lights are switched on but real faults, ie. driver door open, stay on.... Suspect body ecu gets confused by low battery. Have now disconnected hft to see if it is pulling battery down. Fingers crossed... Will update when i feel it has fixed the problem.

I have been chasing alarm faults and have found the Cobra alarm is not fitted to my tourer, having searched for it in the rear offside and nearside quarters.... I think it is built in and Cobra alarms may be a after market fit to sell off late 07accords without alarms to clear stock before new model came out.
I have isolated the bonnet catch switch and replaced main battery but although i thought i had a fix it has gone off again. What i have found is the boot door warning light comes on erroneously and this I think causes the body ecu to trigger alarm. The main battery being low also features even with the new battery is fully charged and fitted after a period of time. The battery volts drop and at some point the boot door warning reappears and alarm and central locking start failing. The boot warning goes out when lights are switched on but real faults, ie. driver door open, stay on.... Suspect body ecu gets confused by low battery. Have now disconnected hft to see if it is pulling battery down. Fingers crossed... Will update when i feel it has fixed the problem.
Failed again, with hft removed. Tailgate warning showing and battery volts gine down a bit. Will check current drain tomorrow ti see if something is pulling current in off state.

Many thanks all for all your kind help so far.....

I'm building up motivation to put my Cobra sounder back, so just need to remove all the plastic panels etc.

I'll let you know how I get on.

HI All, I finally got round to replacing my Cobra sounder!

In my late 2007 Accord Tourer Exec the Cobra sounder was fitted in my car, having replaced the internal battery in the sounder/alarm speaker.

Many thanks to all for all your help, particularly to Er R. for his very good detailed info on how to remove the panels etc, it was quite a job. Took me about 2 hours taking it very slow!

If one is fitted you can feel the sounder by sticking your hand through the hole (remover the speaker and premium sound panel 1st) on mine it is mounted between the back of the rear door between the audio speaker.

So far so good, I''l let you know if any alarm problems come along!

Many thanks again!

This is where I got the replacement battery to go inside the Cobra sounder;

Other suppliers can be found on the net.

Hi jerseyman
Glad you had a success, hopefully.
Just to put a fly in the ointment, i had no cobra alarm fitted, i inspected all the wiring around the hinges, on both sides, all seeming ok. Removing all cable loom tape to view cables was a chore and bundling them with individual wraps of tape to refit into hinge cable ***embly pieces, refitted all trim, and boot floor, that took ages... With the spring loaded hinges on, tested the alarm and central locking and ok, rear door open indicator gone, all seemed ok but then found hi level brake light inop. I dont know if it was working before my strip down but the lamp seems o/c, tested with meter and checked if it is an led fitting, reverse checking on diode test function and o/c. Even tried applying 12v fron spare car battery and no joy.... Then checked supply on connector and no 12v present.... Curiouser.....the light lookes like a replacement unit as it had gaffer tape on cabling where it goes through door skin of tailgate... Thinking maybe the light or cable shorted and maybe a fuse in the feed cable blown.... Maybe... Didn't want to strip out again at that time as was going Northumberland in 2days....now 5days along everything works except hi level brakelight.... No bogus alarms or spurious door open indicator.... Will look into brake light issue when get home, but will definitely need a new light... Ebay here i come... Lol.
Very strange....
Ps I have an unused set of batteries for the cobra alarm... Three cells packed in a row, not a triangle.... I paid £25 so any offers considered.

Hi jerseyman
Glad you had a success, hopefully.
Just to put a fly in the ointment, i had no cobra alarm fitted, i inspected all the wiring around the hinges, on both sides, all seeming ok. Removing all cable loom tape to view cables was a chore and bundling them with individual wraps of tape to refit into hinge cable ***embly pieces, refitted all trim, and boot floor, that took ages... With the spring loaded hinges on, tested the alarm and central locking and ok, rear door open indicator gone, all seemed ok but then found hi level brake light inop. I dont know if it was working before my strip down but the lamp seems o/c, tested with meter and checked if it is an led fitting, reverse checking on diode test function and o/c. Even tried applying 12v fron spare car battery and no joy.... Then checked supply on connector and no 12v present.... Curiouser.....the light lookes like a replacement unit as it had gaffer tape on cabling where it goes through door skin of tailgate... Thinking maybe the light or cable shorted and maybe a fuse in the feed cable blown.... Maybe... Didn't want to strip out again at that time as was going Northumberland in 2days....now 5days along everything works except hi level brakelight.... No bogus alarms or spurious door open indicator.... Will look into brake light issue when get home, but will definitely need a new light... Ebay here i come... Lol.
Very strange....
Ps I have an unused set of batteries for the cobra alarm... Three cells packed in a row, not a triangle.... I paid £25 so any offers considered.
Whoopee.... Update for y'all..... Rear hi level light problem caused by broken wire in harness going around right hand boot hinge... and light wasn't faulty after all. Rear door open indication cleared and alarm now fully functional. I suspect the breaking brake light wire was confusing the body computer.....
Will now trust the alarm as it is 2 weeks of trouble free use. Love my tourer once again.
I have a rear hi level brake lught and battery pack for alarm.... Both unused and fully functioning...... If anyone is interested..... The brake light is a used one, bought as the new one from Honda costs £175.....ludicrous price.
Ed

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can any one point me in the direction of the battery pack? The links where they were bought above no longer work.

Thanks