What's new

Alignment woes

goonerfromlag

Members
Reaction score
Car
ACCORD GT SPORT
Hi guys, I've had 4 wheel alignment adjusted, twice, as the car still veered to the left. It has improved though the car still pulls to the left. Elite Direct insist that 'caster' cannot be adjusted on the 7th gen accord. My research suggests it's the camber that cannot be adjusted. I'll be putting two new tyres on the front, as they are adamant that my passenger side tyre is more worn down than the driver side one, hence the pull to the left. What do you think? Thanks.

Alignment_Settings.png

The rear camber and the front caster cannot be adjusted.
Unless you have aftermarket adjustable ones.

If your caster and/or camber is out in OEM suspension components then I believe there is suspension damage?? It could be a bent control arm fork or similar....Only thing is its the same both sides

Could that right rear camber be causing the car to pull to the left?
Also have you felt your wheels after a drive to see if you have a sticking brake as that could also cause it to pull.
Before you buy new tyres, what about trying the rear wheels on the front to see if it helps matters?

You wont feel 0.2 of a caster.

quick mental flow chart...

What tyres do you have on the front axle? Are they the same make?

Also are you pressures correct up front?

Is your front left brake sticking slightly?

Al these things will create a pull to the left.

And the natural curvature of most roads will cause a lot of cars to pull to the left slightly too

And the natural curvature of most roads will cause a lot of cars to pull to the left slightly too

True, if you sleep at the wheel, you vere into a tree. This is better than vering into another car, as the death count rises 100% at a minimum.

I think if your car pulls to the left, you should have cheaper insurance. :p

Trees are a lot harder than cars! Hit another car and it bends and bounces out the way, are tree just stands there and breaks your car into lots of little pieces!

Trees are a lot harder than cars! Hit another car and it bends and bounces out the way, are tree just stands there and breaks your car into lots of little pieces!

Well i know safety has moved on since my cars era, but im pretty sure going down a road and hitting a car head on is still more than just panel damage! Id ***ume at the minimum full fat write off!

Yes but hitting another car you have the crumple zone in both your car and the other car to absorb the impact, plus both can be pushed back in the road to absorb more of the energy.
A big solid tree doesn't move and is one of the worst things to hit.
Believe me, I've hit a tree and its not nice

Yes a tree does not have crumple zones but its not moving either. Would you rather have a collision with a stationary object or one coming head on at 60 mph?

As for the alignment, over here we drive on the right side of the road and my accord has always pulled to the right slightly so im betting its the same issue and due to road banking.

Try driving in the oncoming traffic lane on an empty stretch of road and see if it starts pulling the opposite way.

Harsh as it sounds I would rather hit the on coming car than a tree. Two cars hitting head on each doing 50mph is not the same as one doing 100mph in to a brick wall

MythBusters have proven that two cars hitting at 60mph is equivalent to hitting a wall at 60mph.
Without a doubt, it's best to hit a car than a solid big tree, which will not move or crumple a bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8E5dUnLmh4

Wow, way to get slightly off topic!! :rolleyes: No 2 accidents are ever the same imo!!

Back on topic, some info here might help http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9863-alignment-frustrations/

Thanks for d input guys, already paid for 2 new front tyres which will go on 2moro. It's got pilot sport 3's on the fronts, pilot sport on left rear & brand new evergreen eu72? on right rear.
Front right tyre has worn less than the left, so two new fronts should fix the problem if it is due to unequal wear.

I've driven the car for two days since changing both front tyres and I'm happy to say this fixed the pulling to the left problem. I now have an intermittent movement of my steering wheel, would this be tram-lining? Thank you.

It could be but also try this.
Start the engine and turn the wheel about quarter of a turn and hold it there. See if the wheel pulses back at you.

I've driven the car for two days since changing both front tyres and I'm happy to say this fixed the pulling to the left problem. I now have an intermittent movement of my steering wheel, would this be tram-lining? Thank you.

yeah could be tramlining alright, you tend to get different results with different tyres imo, what size rims are you running?

It could be but also try this.
Start the engine and turn the wheel about quarter of a turn and hold it there. See if the wheel pulses back at you.

Yes sir, it does appear to pulse back at me at a quarter of a turn. Didn't notice this due to idle vibration I'm getting at the moment. What might this signify?