What's new

All windows, sunroof and rear wiper not working..

DeltaOscar

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen Accord 2.0
Evening all,

I recently swapped in a bootlid from an accord sport (no dings plus a spoiler) and after much work with the wiring, resoldered all the connections. However as I didn't have any electrical tape to hand I used a glue gun to insulate each of the 16 wires after soldering. After finishing the job I tested everything, rear wiper worked, rear washer worked, demister etc plus all windows were working. The car was working fine last night and this morning on the way to work, no issue with any of the windows (i had mine and the front passenger down). It was only coming back from work where, as normal, I tried the windows which didn't budge.

So after getting home with the A/C on, I checked the connections, suspecting the blazing heat today had possibly melted the glue; It had been standing still from 9am til 6pm. I then stripped the glue and re-taped each connection with proper tape and secured everything yet still there's no life in any of the aforementioned areas. I checked the fuses as best I can from the handbook and ESM and it doesn't appear to be that.

I'm fairly confident with my soldering; the only thing I can think is that some of the glue melted from some wires and potentially caused a short..

Please can someone point me in the right direction :(

(Just to add, I drove back from the place where I got the bootlid with the wiring disconnected anyway, and the car was 'electically' fine)

Update

Finally got round to properly check the car and managed to locate the issue: blown no. 7 fuse in the driver side under dash fuse box. Replaced and everything is working as it should be :)

nice work mate, my first check would be fuses. Plus its more satisfying to sort a problem out yourself