What's new

Allignment issue

Salim

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Had the car on the ramps for a geo and was told the rear os (presuming toe) is seized, went to a garage to get it freed and was told it has a bush init and obv you can't attack it with oxy cetalyn.
So i'll have to replace it? I'm not sure if he was looking at the camber arm or not which isn't adjustable anyway.

What can i do, can i still get the front done independant from the rear until i sort it out. Any tips to get it freed or if the adjuster does indeed have a bush. Want to get it sorted in the morning.

A lot of people make the mistake of doing the fronts only, its pointless because they set the front toe based on the rears. So if the rears are out, then the front are going to be aligned to a wrong setting.

When the rear is out you need a 4 WHEEL align not a 4 WAY align which i have recently found out not be be 4 wheel, 4 way means it uses 4 wheels to adjust the front.

get that bolt unseized, no new arm is needed just a new bolt once its out, then get it tracked.

Thats what i thought, the fronts correspond to the rears. Thats why i'm getting it done on a hunter machine, reason is i got a set of tyres to go on the front 2moz and the allignment is whacked. soo while i sort out the bolt, thought They may be able to do the front only on a hunter.

why do i always leave it til a friday lols

Well turns out the allignment is 'spot on' , doesn't feel like it. If the hub was bent would that show up?
The rear camber is out on both sides by iirc -2deg would that cause the slightly nervous handling of the car, inner edge tyres worn a little.

Would this do the job

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-06-07-Accord-04-08-Acura-TL-TSX-REAR-Camber-Kit-/160546455336?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ATSX&hash=item2561507f28

Negative camber would probably give you better handling really Sal. Your car is on standard suspension right?

What do you mean by nervous handling?

stock suspension Faddy, the car I would describe as a little skittish or twitchy.

-2 neg camber is not enough angle to just wear the inner edge, i have about -1.8 -2 and my rears have very little if no inner edge wear and they done 12k now.

inner edge is tracking, but with the neg camber, you wont be able to tell if its got toe out or in as both will wear the inner edge. With 0 camber toe in wears the outer edge more, and toe out is the inner edge.

But as Fadster says, neg camber will make the car feel more planted out back.

so with the camber out I wont get a true reading of toe?
The rears haven't worn badly but its there enough wear on the inner edge.

No you can track the rear irrespective of the current camber setting. The only difference will be visually you wont be able to see if it needs more toe in or out. Obviously a 4 wheel align machine can tell tho.

However if you are very sure that the Hunter machine you went on says there is 0 toe and its all straight, then its either camber or worn bushes. The bushes create play if worn as you know, and therefore allow the wheel to move about wearing the tyre.

Yup, the problem is probably with worn bushes. Also bear in mind when they take the camber readings, the suspension isn't as loaded as when you're actually travelling in it or carrying passengers.

Do any of your links or bushes show signs of play?

Thats the thing all seems good, except maybe some wear in the front arb bush, I had it up on the ramps couple days ago, all arms, ball joints seem fine.
The toe/camber on front read around 0.06/7 in the green, something like that. 2deg negative camber on both rears, and osr toe was a little out.

So its not going to be allignment, its something else will dig further.

Will that camber kit be ok to get the camber back to spec. Not after nothing fancy the cars not even lowered, but dont want its breaking round the first corner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-REAR-UPPER-CAMBER-CONTROL-ARMS-KIT-03-07-ACCORD-/160536910271?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2560bed9bf#ht_4015wt_939

Id get these, these are upper arms, (would be less visible if you want that stock look) They are made by Megan Racing, which in recent years have upped their quality big time. I currently run their coilovers with no problems (well apart from some flaking paint on the springs )

The others your linked, will probs just work as well, but they are a ebay brand.

Sal, your car is not really set up for handling on stock suspension... why not just lower it and then have the geometry done once and for all?

I had a good run in it today, and second thoughts it not bad actually. I can feel some slight play somewhere in the drivetrain/steering but not sure what yet its so subtle i would decribe it as a worn gearbox mount but i know its not that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-REAR-UPPER-CAMBER-CONTROL-ARMS-KIT-03-07-ACCORD-/160536910271?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2560bed9bf#ht_4015wt_939

Id get these, these are upper arms, (would be less visible if you want that stock look) They are made by Megan Racing, which in recent years have upped their quality big time. I currently run their coilovers with no problems (well apart from some flaking paint on the springs )

The others your linked, will probs just work as well, but they are a ebay brand.

Yes i noticed them aswell, i just thought having a pillowball mount was not as durable?
Also why are there two for each side on the link i provided, is that camber and toe arms, sorry for the noob questions

Sal, your car is not really set up for handling on stock suspension... why not just lower it and then have the geometry done once and for all?

Its not mate, after driving yours its like a different car. Its something that will need to be looked into. I'm not too bothered about the jacked up look atm, so may uprate the ARB first and then look into A-spec or similar dropping it will just cause too much inconvenience atm but get the camber arms fitted will be good if i do decide to drop it later it will most likely push it out even further?

It is likely to push it out further but you can get the extended arms..