What's new

alloys size

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
sorry guys was wondering if this 18" spec alloys would fit my 7 gen accord :

7.5x18, 5X100 ET45,with or without 225/40/18 tires,this is all the info i have on them( they are inovite redline goldalloys,but also available in other colours)

here is the link if this helps further:

http://www.inovit-alloy-wheels.co.uk/section.php/293/1/inovit-redline

i was goning to go for a different set of alloys but the company i was getting them from seems to have stop odering them....so iv now decided to go with these....thanks guys as always,i really do appriciate your time..mo... :)

Those wheels will not fit the Accord.

You should look for 7.5x18, 5X114,3 ET45. I advise you not to go lower than ET45.

Joe is right.

Try and stick below an 8' wide wheel and somewhere between 45 - 50 offset. 5x114 is the right fitting for you.

they're subaru fitment only as they copy the famous prodrive wheel that first debuted on the wr1... so my bro-in-law tells me anyway

check www.rarerims.co.uk for good jap style wheels

thanks guys for the heads up, i guess il have to keep looking...but againg thankyou all for your help...mo.. :D

with an 8.5" wide rim I suspect you will need to go up to maybe 245 wide tyres... ET43 in itself isn't bad, but the wide rim and tyres may cause some issues but I would say you are borderline.

Also remember your tyre profile will need to be something like 25 if you are on 245 tyres so do all the checks first.

with an 8.5" wide rim I suspect you will need to go up to maybe 245 wide tyres... ET43 in itself isn't bad, but the wide rim and tyres may cause some issues but I would say you are borderline.

Also remember your tyre profile will need to be something like 25 if you are on 245 tyres so do all the checks first.

At the moment im on 235/35-19 with no problem on coilovers and et50 rims 8inch wide.

235/35 is actually the wrong tyre size my friend. The correct tyre size to maintain rolling radius is 235/30/19.. Go for it, it sounds like you are prepared to do archwork so you should be ok.

235/35 is actually the wrong tyre size my friend. The correct tyre size to maintain rolling radius is 235/30/19.. Go for it, it sounds like you are prepared to do archwork so you should be ok.

stock total tyre height 634mm 225/45-17
235/35-19 tyre height 647mm
235/30-19 tyre height 625mm
245/30-19 tyre height 631mm (Best)

So the both of us wer wrong it seems.
I tought it would be a good post to go along with the post.

IIRC its 55mm

43mm offset should be okay, Im running a 45mm offset at the mo with 8" rim and no problems altho they are 18".

Depends on how much the car is lowered, you might be able to tuck them in with some negative camber.

Regarding the tyre sidewall calculation, you don't need the calculator, just look at OEM tyre sizes and use the basic rule of every single increase in tyre width or rim diameter increase needs to equate to a 5% reduction in sidewall height.

Stock 17' rims are ET55 and wear a 225/45/17 tyre

When you go to 18's you go to 225/40/18

19's should wear 225/35/19 (you can verify this as the Civic Type R comes with 19's from the factory and that's the size they wear).

If you then increase the tyre width, then you need to reduce the sidewall by 5% to stay within the limits.

Yes you are right in that the 245 tyre with a 30% sidewall is better than the 235, but I was simply commenting on your current setup. If you have to use 235 tyres, then the 30 profile gives you a closer to OEM rolling radius than the 35 profile you are wearing now... your own calculations have proven this :p

Im sure Ive seen some motors running offsets and width worse than that, but they defo had the arches rolled and running some serious camber.

ryan off the old thaoc had to roll his arches as he was gettin mad rubbing, especially on the rear, his setup was 19x8.5 38mm offset buddyclub p1sf2's. He had a hardrace rear camber kit, the upper balljoint arm and that was maxed out as much as possible, still giving him too much rear toe but in the end he had to roll the arches as there was no way to stop the rubbing. He might've had more luck with the ingalls rear camber/toe kit but the fronts still needed rolled too coz they rubbed also. He wasnt even lowered that much.

09052010274small.jpg

no idea how much he rolled them, im ***uming he did them as much as he could. I know he had the skunk2 front camber kit like me and still the fronts needed rolled even though he'd had the negative camber increased.

Im not keen on rolling arches incase you crack the paint and it leads to rust over time.

Couple more pics that i have courtesy of Strange/Parker/Fraser

025.jpg

Accord1.jpg

DSC_3130.jpg

16052010320small.jpg