What's new

Alloys

impne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer type s
Just going through a few thoughts really.

I think my car needs a set of 19" wheels to fill the arches, each day I come home I can't help bit look at the rage alloys on my wife's type r :)

Any thoughts as to if they'd look ok on my polished metal coloured tourer?

Honest best option please :)

Suit ready

Yep swap them over night she won't even no.
Tbo though 19" would be a hard ride and your might be better off going for a drop like A spec

Bought eibach s already to fit as told no kit available for 2010 tourer?

Not fitted them yet so if can be corrected I'll get Honda kit.

Fitted rear spats last night, got up this morning and colour not matching? Well in my colourblind eyes anyway.

Fitted sport front bumper as we speak :)

null_zps7650954f.jpg

null_zps838a3098.jpg

null_zps5939e3c7.jpg

Looking good
As for Aspec for the tourer I'm 99% it has the same set up as the saloon.
HH were doing A spec a wile ago so might be worth giving them a call.
I do think 19" will be to harsh on the 8th gen and would stick to 18" with A spec
I'm thinking of getting this mod done shortly.
Lee said there is about a 15mm drop with this setup.

Mine is type s

Does it have different set up to other models?

Nope think the type S is the same as the others, they all have sport suspension.

Lee, how much were the rear bumper skirts? Is your old front bumper in decent nick? My car is polished metal also, I'm after a new bumper as mine is stone chipped.

Let me know, cheers Rich

I got price from Holdcroft and as everything else I've always bought had every intention of buying from them but when dealer I bought car from found out from my better half what I was doing they beat that price. I take it at a loss but more of a thank you for buying two cars in the last couple of months?

I think Holdcroft price for rears was £155?

Bumper is I think in good nick but dark outside so will check tomorrow for you.

Bumper is nearly ready to go on.

Had to leave headlamp washers off for now as for got my drill bits at work! Doh numpty :-(

Cheers thanks, could be interested at the right price, keep the box from the new one, be useful for shipping.

Get some pics up of your finished job in the light tomorrow, cant wait to see it.

Mine is type s

Does it have different set up to other models?

As rich said Lee I'm sure its all the same setup

Will post some pics no worries

Don't have box as so many parts I bought took bumper out of box to get all the bits in the car lol

It's on at last

Minus headlamp washers for now and not putting std number plate back on either, jap evo style same as last one

null_zpsa13ed9ec.jpg

Nice look. Looks very aggressive.

Notice you have a retro Fiesta in your garage

Cheers

Not quite a fiesta :)

Pepperpots as half inch wider than std alloys

It's a Citroen visa gti Msa log booked with mi16 engine
image_zps90a16f4b.jpg

NOOOOO Don't call it a Fiesta!!

Lee is mad about these Citroens.

ha ha, sorry dude. Does look good though, coupled with the 205 in the pic I can tell your very retro

That looks wicked Lee. So the original fogs fitted then, or did you have to adapt them?

Depending on which dealer you spoke to you either needed just the bumper kit, bumper kit and fogs or bumper kit, fogs and fixing kit.
I just order bumper and that's all that is required.
Straight forward fit as holes marked on inside of bumper to what you need to cut and where just a bit time consuming.
Instruction did say cut two extra holes in part of the original inside fixing before fitting to new bumper but these weren't required??
Finishing it by fitting washers and number plate more securely this weekend. Small mod needed on new number plate bracket I bought as otherwise would rub on bumper.
Need to query rear spat colour as looks odd to me.
Can't wait for other bits to turn up now

ha ha, sorry dude. Does look good though, coupled with the 205 in the pic I can tell your very retro
Yes mate but of a retro thing going on.
205 is full history, original paint. Selling it soon for space. Have the visa rally/track car and also another visa gti in rust free condition ( possibly only one in world like that apart from cotroen museum ), its never been painted. That one is without engine at the moment.
Unlike Honda you never know of you'll get to a show in it or not, all part of the drama :)

Cheers thanks, could be interested at the right price, keep the box from the new one, be useful for shipping.

Get some pics up of your finished job in the light tomorrow, cant wait to see it.

I'll get a couple of pics today.

Also get a couple of the bumper.

It looks to manly be ok but has got some stone marks. Also a little scuff to spoiler and scrub on corner. I'll get some close ups best I can tonight

Looking good
As for Aspec for the tourer I'm 99% it has the same set up as the saloon.
HH were doing A spec a wile ago so might be worth giving them a call.
I do think 19" will be to harsh on the 8th gen and would stick to 18" with A spec
I'm thinking of getting this mod done shortly.
Lee said there is about a 15mm drop with this setup.

My better half has queried today but no kit available for my car?

That's strange perhaps its just for the saloon at the min.
But I was under the impression that the tourer had the same set up.

Went to local dealer today and they said not available but thought there was one for new spec?

Mine is 2010

Do they have same suspension? I would have thought you could interchange

I'm not sure about the facelift but thought they were the same.

Fitted rage alloys now

Not sure if I should keep old ones or not?

Nowhere to really store them though :-( too many Citroen parts about

If your car is the type s 180bhp model, then you already have a factory drop of 20mm over the norm, possibly that's why they don't list a kit for your model. :unsure:

Found out no demand for Honda kit on old tourer so they didn't bother testing on new one

Saloon one might fit but if Honda haven't tested it themselves they won't list it for legal reasons

A lot of people is US have saloon kits on their cars

Looks like it is going to be a case of selling the eibachs I've just bought and not fitted and getting D2 coilovers which I'm getting looked into

HH are looking at specs of a spec kit to give me another option as well as the US rear bumper and fitting bits

Hi Lee,

So you're going to get the Acura TSX wagon rear bumper? Isnt it a bit like J lo's bottom? Sticks out?

Rich

Seen this Lee?

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882217

Rich

I think std bumper is like a dog trailing its bump on the ground after taking a dump but the US one in my view with twin exhaust exits is a bit more aggressive?

My view of course :)

Great link

I've seen that one and a few others

The chaps in US seem to sometimes have different views on suspension that we do over here like a lot of these shows modding muscle cars by cutting springs etc, a big no
Some of the coilover kits use rubbish shocks while some use for example bilstein, I'm trying to get quality with good adjustment so I can mess about with rebound etc to get the best balance

As always owned sports type cars or modified a more normal cars I just can't get used to my in effect first ever estate car ride quality. I'm needing to stop the boat like bounce on the motorway and stiffen it up a touch in the bends. I'll get there with a bit of help soon.

All help, advise and opinions always welcome and a great help

I'm not a mechanic and don't pretend to be that knowledgeable, I have messed with cars for years but always mainly by trial and error

It'll get there in the end

Missing my old car a lot more than I thought especially the handling