What's new

Ambiant foot lighting

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys how bright is your Ambiant foot lighting.Im asking this because mines not that bright at all.
I had a look under to see the light.All i can see is a blue light the size of a 1p.
Is there something im missing here like adjusting the light output.

Guys how bright is your Ambiant foot lighting.Im asking this because mines not that bright at all.
I had a look under to see the light.All i can see is a blue light the size of a 1p.
Is there something im missing here like adjusting the light output.

OMG

You must have telepathic powers! I was going to ask the very same thing at some point!!

Call me an idiot- but I only noticed the ambient lighting the other day, and I have had the car EIGHT MONTHS!

Yes, mine is not that bright either and am toying with taking it to the dealer to sort out because it does look a bit pitiful - unless of course thats how its "supposed" to be...we shall see. Once fasting is out the way later this week, I will let you know what the dealer says.

:lol: It is very poor i think its got to be really dark to even show up.
Of coarse there might be a dimmer switch control somewhere :lol:
Lets see what the other guys sat Saj.
By the way not long left mate of fasting.you can treat yourselves to a slap up meal after :)

Well just found out there is a dimmer switch ;)
Its the same one by the speedo to dim or brighten the dash lights.But guess what it was already set to max.
So the light output is poor down to the dealers i think.

Well just found out there is a dimmer switch ;)
Its the same one by the speedo to dim or brighten the dash lights.But guess what it was already set to max.
So the light output is poor down to the dealers i think.

Yes my dimmer switch is full to the max as well but the light is faint as anything. Whats ironic is if you look at the brochure for the Accord accessories (same on the website too), the lighting shows up much more aggressively.

CLICKY

Thats how it should be and thats how I want mine - especially with winter on the way too.

SAJ this is getting mad after i just checked the car iv just been on this.
The main Honda UK site for accessory freaky man :lol:

SAJ this is getting mad after i just checked the car iv just been on this.
The main Honda UK site for accessory freaky man :lol:

LOL

So its not just me going loopy then! Haha, must be an 8th Gen owners thing! LMAO

But seriously, if the dealer cant sort out the brightness, I am half tempted to take those lights out and put somthing brighter in there instead. Really want the illuminated door sill garnish too - but at £475, I think not!

A little chat with the man like Jav is in order for you two :lol:

A little chat with the man like Jav is in order for you two :lol:
Very true his is very bright.If you look in the book though it says the lamps are LEDS and need changing by a dealer.
But im sure you can get brighter ones or i hope.

Are they coloured LEDs or are they shone through a coloured cover? There will be different LED outputs, but not sure whether it's volts or amps that affect them.

Very true his is very bright.If you look in the book though it says the lamps are LEDS and need changing by a dealer.
But im sure you can get brighter ones or i hope.

In the eternal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator: "If it bleeds, we can kill it" - similarly "if they are LED's, then they CAN be changed."

Are they coloured LEDs or are they shone through a coloured cover? There will be different LED outputs, but not sure whether it's volts or amps that affect them.
Without taken it a part i would say its a blue cover.I think me has a good look tomorrow and maybe a trip to maplins.

In the eternal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator: "If it bleeds, we can kill it" - similarly "if they are LED's, then they CAN be changed."
I reckon its the tiny LEDS like the one in the heated seat switches on the 7th gen.

Must admit, between you two and Jav I am wanting some Tron style lighting added to mine.... :lol: Gotta stop finding ways to waste money!!!!

Guys, I have two types of LED lights, I have one very bright one for when the door opens and another really dim white light (LED) for when I am driving at night. The Audi Q7 which I had for the weekend also had the factory fitted light like yours, and they are dim, infact very dim, you can only really enjoy them when your driving on a pitch black road with no street lighting.

Also I had a member come to mine to get some HID's fitted (back on THAOC) he had the 7th gen and also had these factory fitted lights... with his I just took the plastic cover off from the trim itself and it gave a much better output, but im not sure if its the same set up/trim as the 8th gen.

if you could get under there and take a pic maybe? I think they are factory fitted like that, you could always get a crimp connector, add a brighter LED bulb with a holder, make it look OEM and then just remove the Honda fitted LED bulb, use the same wiring of course with the crimp connectors... just an idea

I no the feeling once you start you cant stop :lol:
The wife goes mad at me so i dont say nought any more :ph34r:

Must admit, between you two and Jav I am wanting some Tron style lighting added to mine.... :lol: Gotta stop finding ways to waste money!!!!

I could always fit a HID bulb under there for you ;) 55W maybe?! LOL

Jav, do you know how LEDs outputs work? Or shall I get Wiki'ing :D

Jav, do you know how LEDs outputs work? Or shall I get Wiki'ing :D

lol i wouldnt go into that much technical with them, I just know the + & - sides ;) and a bit of trial and error lol

Good thinking Jav ill have a good look tomorrow and get some pics up ;)

I no the feeling once you start you cant stop :lol:
The wife goes mad at me so i dont say nought any more :ph34r:

My other half is the same. She gets even more wound up when she flicks open the vanity mirror and the LED's there blind her! Ouch!

JAV - thanks for the tips mate - like Brett, I'll have a gander as well and see whats what. :)

:lol: Jav it's probably safer that way ;).

aahh the joys of marriage management ;).

Ok guys a few pics of the LED and its blue in colour.Its very east to change as it plug and play i just need to find one that would fit.
Sorry about quality of pics

P110828_180006.jpg

P110828_180047.jpg

P110828_180057.jpg

Did you have to do much disassembling to get at them?

I was too busy watching Man Utd destroy Arsenal to do mine! :lol:

No mate a 2 sec job.If you get under the driver side foot well there is a removable panel.
Just unclip and the LED is there in its holder and a removable plug.Im not sure how to remove the LED though.
If i get time tomorrow ill take it down to mapplins and see if there is a replacement :)

No mate a 2 sec job.If you get under the driver side foot well there is a removable panel.
Just unclip and the LED is there in its holder and a removable plug.Im not sure how to remove the LED though.
If i get time tomorrow ill take it down to mapplins and see if there is a replacement :)

Sounds like something I will do too!