What's new

Ambiant foot lighting

Well guys sorry but the pics on my camera are pointless but the improvement in light is 400% :D
I ended up drilling the hole to a 10 mm for max output thanks to Andy for the heads up ;)

good heads up, i will be getting that drilled out tomorrow to see how it looks. Failing that new leds.

good heads up, i will be getting that drilled out tomorrow to see how it looks. Failing that new leds.
Good man Jay let me no how they turn out :)

Good man Jay let me no how they turn out :)

Ive drilled out the covers today so give it another hour for it to go dark and ill take some pictures to see what a difference it makes.

Ahhh this is much better! Seem to light up my business cards ok and the passenger foot well is just as good! If you guys hadn't of mentioned this i would have never know it was there! I thought this was an optional extra?

IMG00927-20110830-1109.jpg

IMG00926-20110830-1108.jpg

IMG00925-20110830-1108.jpg

IMG00938-20110830-2026.jpg

Nope, standard across the 8th Gen :)

So glad i bought the honda over a CDI 220. These lights alone would have been a £1k option no doubt! :rolleyes:

I'm just glad I bought the Accord, full stop!

There isnt a single car on the market today that matches my Accord, pound for pound, and with the litany of gizmo's I have (except of course for another Accord!) AND still have that epic Honda reliability.

I'd rather walk than buy any junk German-mobile thats an overpriced, underequipped repmobile. :lol:

I'm just glad I bought the Accord, full stop!

There isnt a single car on the market today that matches my Accord, pound for pound, and with the litany of gizmo's I have (except of course for another Accord!) AND still have that epic Honda reliability.

I'd rather walk than buy any junk German-mobile thats an overpriced, underequipped repmobile. :lol:

Well Said :D

Hi Guys, just had amient lights fitted by honda ( foc) as they mis sold me a tourer, was very dissapointed until i drilled it out as you did , both sides took less than ten minutes , good work.

Brilliant!!!

Just drilled mine out - will wait until dark to see the benefits. :D

LOVE little mods like this

Saw mine for the first time last night, lit up my feet very well, so I dont think I'll do the mod, mine seem bright enough. Red on my ES GT.

Just bought a '10 Type S and the footwell lighting was a bit pants. You could only really see it if you had white trainers on. I pulled the panel down on the passenger side and it's got the blue type cover on it. I removed that and taped it in position to try it and it's a massive difference. Gonna leave it like that for a few days to check I don't get annoyed with it, but it'll probably stay and I'll do the drivers side. Had anyone done the rear foothills with after market parts. And probably the center cubby while I'm at it.

I'm a bit confused Gareth. You removed the blue passenger footwell cover and then taped it back on? Is that what you're saying? If yes, how did it make a massive difference if you replaced what was already there, with er...what was already there? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here.

Sorry for the confusion. The blue plastic bit was the bit that the led clipped into. I removed the blue bit then taped the led back over the hole but without the blue bit so the led is shining staying through the hole in the panel. I just didn't want to go as far as drilling a hole in the blue bit and not be able to return it to standard.

No, it's a reef led, but trying to shine through blue cover, so it was never going to be much good.lol.

Or do what I did and drill a 8mm hole in the cover and clip back on.