What's new

Amplified or not?

Kris81

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord executive K24
Hi guys, just a quick question.

Is there an amplifier in my 2003 2.4 exec?

It has sat nav which says premium sound on the bottom and pioneer speakers in the back shelf. No sub woofer in boot.

Just wondered if I put better speakers in I would get a better more bass type sound.

Hi Kristian, According to Honda parts catalogue there is a Pioneer amplifier fitted part # 39186-SEA-013 but don't confuse this with the Sat-Nav amplifier which 0131 :).

So I should be able to put some beefier 6 x 9 on the back shelf and get a better sound then?
As I think it's the speaker breaking up not the signal being sent by the amp, there is alot more numbers left on the volume.

Yes should have an amp. Backs are easy to change so go for it. Put some pics up too.

When I was listening to some music tonight it was fine til about 18 then after that the music got louder but the base got quieter!

Change them out in think.

Ha ha just had a look at them, they are only 20w rms and 40w max output, the ones I'm bidding on, on ebay are 100w rms!
Should be a difference!!!

Yes this is how the factory speakers are designed because they are paper coned - the louder the volume, the bass tapers off to protect them.

To me this isnt what I would consider to be a premium sound system but there you go

Kris81 said:
When I was listening to some music tonight it was fine til about 18 then after that the music got louder but the base got quieter!

Change them out in think.

I believe this will still be the case after changing speakers as its the headunit tapering off the bass with volume rather than your speakers. However upgrading the rear 6x9 speakers do make a fair amount difference regarding bass, so definitely worth doing.