What's new

An apolagy to my owner

philjory

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi I am a Honda Accord 2.2 icdti in blue, my owner brought me because he wanted a car that is ultra reliable and wouldn't let him down, (i would also like to think that he liked my style as well). My predecessor was also an accord, a 1.8 vetec in maroon my owner did 138000 miles in that car and it never let him down once, i have heard him say that he shed a tear when he put it in part exchange for me.
I do know that he's shed more than 1 tear since.
It all started last year when i almost killed him on the motorway my accelerator sensor failed at 70 + mph in the outside lane, it was a miracle that he got me to the hard shoulder without kissing another vehicle on the way.Total cost around £400. Three months later and another sensor failure and another £300 + .
January this year and he thought i was whistling at him but it was only my Turbo and that cost him the best part of £1500 with car hire.
Now its my oil pressure and it looks like costing him the best part of £1000 even before he can turn the key to see if my heart will still beat.
Last night i heard him talking to his wife, he said he was going to drop me as soon as he gets me back on the road and I've only done 117000 i was born in 2004 so I'm not worth much in fact i might be worth more as spares.
Am i a rogue or is their more like me out there.

Oh dear, you poor Accord. You have your share of problems. Dare I say that possibly some of your issues shouldn't have cost your owner so much money as there are people on this forum who've had similar problems with Turbos and Accelerator sensors but it's not cost nearly so much money to sort. Just time spent researching and DIYing. Also, did your previous owner get you serviced properly because while the Diesel heart you have is generally a good one, it does need to be kept in tip top shape. No corner cutting on cheap parts. At least that's what I've read.

My heart's a petrol and it's never missed a beat ;) . My body work is poor thanks to seagull poo and vandalism, my interior is filthy thanks to my owner's 3 year old son and I eat anti-roll bar links for breakfast. But otherwise I think us Accords ain't so bad. You diesel lot just get a bit fussy from time to time and I wonder if you weren't always looked after as well as you should have been.

Cant help but laugh at this not from all the problems but the way you to are talking is just pure class.

I wonder what my accord is thinking right now.........

Fill me up and drive the S!*T outta me mr owner....

:lol:

My owner is a bit strange, he looks after me when I'm a bit poorly, but sometimes he takes me to some people who look very professional. I've been there before, a different one, but I don't think they treat me as nicely as my owner does. I've heard him talking to his friends on his phone (he always pulls over when he's on the phone for some reason). Sometimes he says on the phone that he is going to take me to these people, he calls them a "dealer", so I'm sure that they are into drugs as well. I prefer my owner to look after me tbh.

But he hardly ever gives me a bath. I've spoken to other cars up at Morrisons and they tell me that their owners often give them a bath. But they seem a bit up their own @rse tbh.

I like the way he drives, most of the time that is. He really lets me loose sometimes, and we fly along as fast as I can go. However, one time down a country lane in snow, he didn't know that my lower wishbones needed a bit of TLC, and I couldn't quite keep to the lines he was directing me to go on the snow, so I swerved off onto an emabankment and spun round on the snow on the grass a couple of times and into a hedge. I managed to save myself quite well, I few scratches, a bit of broken plastic in the front fender (wheel arch) and a cracked rear lens. He hasn't driven on snow like that since, it was lucky that there was a lot of space on the embankment for me to spin around and have a bit of fun with him.

But overall I think I was fairly well made in the factory. I remember when I was there, I reckon that even Japanese workers want to clear off early on a Friday, and I saw some other cars didn't quite make it 100%. Well that's my opinion anyway.