What's new

anti roll bars

albinoni

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 diesel tourer
Hi, I just collected an 04 diesel estate and was checking around and noticed that a bar on the front suspension isn't attached at the top. I think it is the anti roll bar ( as i just went on ebay for something else and by chance it came up when I typed 'honda accord') - it is about 4 or 5 inches long on the drivers side, swivels degrees and looks like it should push onto a housing above it (with 4 little points on it) - the bit that pushes on has 4 holes that correspond. I think I would have to jack the suspension up so that it will re-fit.
First question - is it dangerous, 2nd question, will it just push back on and thirdly, can I fit a new one myeslf or does it need a puller?
Cheers
Andy

Andy, can you post a pic to illustrate what you mean.

Andy, can you post a pic to illustrate what you mean.

Hi f6had - I've taken a picture (which makes a whole lot of sense considering my description ;-)
But I'm struggling to upload - will persever!
Cheers
Andy

By your description your talking about ARB links

check out number 5 http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__2710&block_03=517

Hi Monks - yes that looks like the rascal. I've added a link to my shot (hopefull)
I've now done 900 miles since I picked it up on Saturday and it feels fine, so I'm guessing it doesn't do much?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_aughey/

Andy your only gonna know how important it is when your car is in a ditch mate, you need your anti roll bars to be 100% sorted. Im suprised you havent noticed the body rolling? mind you it may be that when you sort it you notice how much better it feels.

Anyhow as a member you get a discount with free shipping from Holdcroft Honda which will alot cheaper than that lings price.

Andy your only gonna know how important it is when your car is in a ditch mate, you need your anti roll bars to be 100% sorted. Im suprised you havent noticed the body rolling? mind you it may be that when you sort it you notice how much better it feels.

Anyhow as a member you get a discount with free shipping from Holdcroft Honda which will alot cheaper than that lings price.

Thanks Monks - at least we have identified the cuplrit! i guess the question as to whether it will push back on is a resounding no!
I'll check out your reference - will I need a mechanic to fit it, or will I be able to do it myself - also, is it worth fitting one to the other side whilst I'm at it.
To be honest, it's a long time since I have had a front wheel drive car, so, hopefull , as you say, i will notice an improvement, even though I didn't feel anything adverse.
Many thanks
Andy

ps - One other thing - The car pulls to the left, which I had ***umed was the tracking and will be taking it to Quick fit tomorrow - could this anti-roll bar be the problem?

Andy you would be wise to change the pair, changing them is easy getting them off sometimes can be a pain. The tourer rolls a fair bit anyway and I would imagine its tendancy to understeer would be more pronounced with it defective like yours.

No not naff fit :eek: before you get the cars geometry checked you will need to get the arb link sorted. Then take it to your nearest 4 wheel allignment out fit see this link http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/ IME kwikfit can be worse than doing nothing :rolleyes:

Would they even know what an anti roll bar is?

Hi Monks - yes that looks like the rascal. I've added a link to my shot (hopefull)
I've now done 900 miles since I picked it up on Saturday and it feels fine, so I'm guessing it doesn't do much?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_aughey/

I don't know, I've just had mine done front and back and the improvement is quite marked.

Yes, as the rest have stated ARB Link, get it sorted as my car front end was all over the place when my first one went. I only have one more to change and this will be done with my suspension upgrade.

They are a pain to get off, you will most likely have to cut them off. Well that the quickest way ;)

I would buy genuine, unless you can get hold off these MOOG K90456

Out of interest was this vehicle sold with a MOT cert? or any warranty, if so then a word with the seller would not be out of order.

Hi,
Whilst I am ordering new anti-roll bars, would it be a good idea to order the bushes as well?
Cheers

You dont need new ARB you just need the links and yes while your at it change the bushes as its easy to do and does not cost the earth.

You dont need new ARB you just need the links and yes while your at it change the bushes as its easy to do and does not cost the earth.

Hi Monks - thanks for all your help and guidance!
I will order some bushes as well!
Next, it's a trip to Honda to see if they will replace the timing chain - there's a bit of noise and I guess it doesn't cost anything to ask.
Andy

has anyone done the bushes on a 7th gen for the fronts? Had a quick look under the car a few weeks back but it seems like its impossible to get at without taking quite a fair bit of the frame apart.

has anyone done the bushes on a 7th gen for the fronts? Had a quick look under the car a few weeks back but it seems like its impossible to get at without taking quite a fair bit of the frame apart.

Sounds like the bushes are not as easy as I thought then, should be a couple of bolts but then again its often access thats the problem.

^yea, i think so Andy mate. Although, i did just have a quick look at it and thought to myself leave it for another day, lol. The rears are way more simple to do. Just get the bracket off, 2 bolts replace bush and thats it. I'll have a proper look at it one weekend.

I found that when I looked just last week. The front bolts appear relatively easy, but there is definitely something in the way to stop the rearmost ones coming out without dismantling the front end even further.

You need to drop the rear part of subframe, 1 bolt or something. I was going to do it but was afraid I wouldn't put it back together properly so left it for another day :lol:

I changed a droplink on my last Accord (can't remember if front or rear) I managed it on my drive but it was a PITA. The thread had corroded and in the end I cut one off and managed with molegrips to undo the other.