Anyone bought fitted Tourer Sun Shades

nick 9-5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer LPG
I've seen these on ebay

My link

They look quite good and ideal for protecting my little one from the sun. I'm not really into the tinted window thing and these look like a good compromise. Just wondering if anyone has bought a set and fitted them and if they are any good.

Thanks in advance.

I think CJ (Pepster) has the genuine Honda ones in his Tourer and has no complaints.

Yeah,
thats the supplier most use.
I have a set myself.
They'll arrive in a huge box.
Being mainland your P&P will be reasonable!!

Check for window tints under General Chat the topic is discussed there.

V

Mate your welcome to have a look at mine mate :)

I got these too, but I dont use them on rear door windows. The simpsons shades go in there:).
They are pretty good, but I would rather have my windows tinted.
dan

Cheers guys, I've seen the other thread now. Will get them ordered once I have the car.

Cheers guys, I've seen the other thread now. Will get them ordered once I have the car.

Hi Nick

I bought these - 50 quid well spent, keeps the car nice n cool went its sat in the sun. I have all the shades fitted from B pillar back. Definitely adds some privacy to the car too!!! Other benefit it keeps greasy little fingers off the windows B) and the other benefit is if your little ones are asleep in the car, you can open the windows and still have the benfit of the blinds - can't do that with a tinted window :D also gives some proection against the stupid bugs in summer!! I put discussion on window tints in another forum!!

Best of luck - SImon

They arrived today in a massive box!

03112010985.jpg

The blinds are only as high as the back window and about an inch thick. Haven't had a chance to fit them yet but they look good apart from the massive Honda labels sewn in. Think I'll have to get rid of those before I fit them.

Don't you just love a big box :ph34r:.

Xmas has come early one tip buddy when you fitting the shade clips let them set on the frame for atleast 4 -5 hours before you stick the shades on.. It also doesn't help if you have been applying wax to the inner frame ..:ph34r: no adhesive will stick.

The double side tape Honda genuine one uses take that long to cure. the last thing you want is the shades coming off when the rear door are shut.

Thanks for the tips, you are right, there is all sorts of treatment on the plastic from the valet. Will deffo clean that off first and leave the clips to set for a few days maybe just to be on the safe side.

Hi Nick,

I can concur with all the other positive comments about the fixed netted blinds. I have had them on my tourer form day one, only remove them to clean the window (remove carefully!) - otherwise they are a permanent fixture.

They look good, protect things in the car from nosey passer bys, and most importantly keep the sun out of the kids eyes. Only negative is you cannot open window fully in the back, but with air con - why would you!

Enjoy.

G.

These sound great are they still available and does anyone have any pics of them fitted?? Tried to find the other thread mentioned on here but my searching skills must be lacking.

Si

Well I just ordered a set after doing a little research, seem a great option to tints and a little bargain too! Will get some pics up once fitted chaps.

Thanks

Si

Well I just ordered a set after doing a little research, seem a great option to tints and a little bargain too! Will get some pics up once fitted chaps.

Thanks

Si

Thanks,

I'm eyeing these up with a 'summer' on the way and a new addition too.

I've seen these on ebay

My link

They look quite good and ideal for protecting my little one from the sun. I'm not really into the tinted window thing and these look like a good compromise. Just wondering if anyone has bought a set and fitted them and if they are any good.

Thanks in advance.

Got those from the same place...brilliant!!! two things though...be careful when reversing in unlit carparks at night...takes some getting use to And sometimes the little sticky applicator pads come unstuck. Other than that great buy!

Simon

Well the shades turned up as promised 48hrs after ordering them and very well packaged they were.

First impressions are that they are a quality product, the Honda bag they come in is a nice touch, the blinds themselves appear to be excellent quality and the cut/shape us near mm perfect!

So I set about cleaning the frames to make sure I had a grease free surface to mount the pads too, I offered up the shades to get ab idea of where best to position the pads. Te shades are such perfect sizes they snap into the window apertures exactly and I would say there is a strong argument for not even using the pads!!!

The rear passenger windows require them on the basis you can use the windows still so they need that extra bit of security but the boot window and side windows don't even need the pads!

The look of the car is transformed both inside and out and although initially skeptical about these I would whole heartedly recommend them to anyone considering having their windows tinted - they are a great alternative!

Thanks guys

Si

Here you go guys pictures as promised, i have taken some from inside and some from outside to show the visibility from inside and outside the car -

e3a487fb.jpg

bdf4aa12.jpg

3f09f476.jpg

IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/simondavidr/5bbf84b7.jpg[/IMG]

5886cc36.jpg

ac11e2ae.jpg

b25f64b3.jpg

6170a546.jpg

515f8761.jpg

Cheers

Si

Thanks for that.

I'm going to wait and see if there looks like being a summer and then get some.

Adrian

i bought these last year they are good it looks like tinted windows from the outside and definately keeps the sun off the little ones even with the windows open. but they are held in place using little plastic clips that just stick in place around the window frames. The sticky pads do wear out and then they keep falling off. Ive lost nealy all the pads and cant fit them till i get more and a better way of sticking them. ive tried halfords and their adhesive pads dont last five mins

hope this helps

i bought these last year they are good it looks like tinted windows from the outside and definately keeps the sun off the little ones even with the windows open. but they are held in place using little plastic clips that just stick in place around the window frames. The sticky pads do wear out and then they keep falling off. Ive lost nealy all the pads and cant fit them till i get more and a better way of sticking them. ive tried halfords and their adhesive pads dont last five mins

hope this helps

I have already encountered the 'non stick' sticky pads! Lol! I have found a great solution - Halfords sell rolls of heavy duty Velcro which I normally buy to hold on my numberplates with and it is extremely strong. If you cut slithers of this it fits nicely on the frame and the underside of the pad.

Si

I bought the same set from the guy on Ebay and they have transformed the car (2004 Tourer Sport)- really easy to fit although for the rear passenger windows the instructions look slightly different to the window shape! Great service too- they guy sent me spare adhesive clips when i messed a couple up!! They are definately a semi-permanent feature as i think the clips would weaken if taken off and put on all the time!

a great buy all round and the kids love em! :D

looks good mate- and much cheaper than tinting!!

how many clips did you use on the passenger windows? i used 4 but looks like youve used 2?? :huh:

Here you go guys pictures as promised, i have taken some from inside and some from outside to show the visibility from inside and outside the car -

e3a487fb.jpg

bdf4aa12.jpg

3f09f476.jpg

IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/simondavidr/5bbf84b7.jpg[/IMG]

5886cc36.jpg

ac11e2ae.jpg

b25f64b3.jpg

6170a546.jpg

515f8761.jpg

Cheers

Si

Yeah I used 2 per side on passenger, none on boot sides and none on rear window - that way I have a handful of spares and the rear ones fit so snug I can't see the need to use them.

Best money I have ever spent and look factory too.

Si