What's new

Anyone done an 8th Gen interior LED swap?

Staddly

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Tourer
As ***le - looking into swapping the interior (and exterior if need be) to LED's. Was wondering if anyone has done this and therefore might have a list of bulbs needed / preferred suppliers?

Mine has LEDs all round and there the same lamps as the 7 gen.
I shall have to dig out the sizes but most are 501 and 3x festune ones for the reading lights in the roof

Hi Staddly,

Yep I've done my interior bulbs.

This guy on Ebay sent me some good led bulbs:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/serviceyouaaaaa/Car-decoration-lights-/_i.html?_nkw=Festoon&submit=Search&_fsub=2654751015&_sid=999151565

Free postage also.

The 2 map lights and the centre roof light are festoon bulbs, 5W, 31 mm I think. The covers all pop off with a screwdriver covered in a cloth. Pop an existing bulb out to measure, pretty sure its 31mm.

The 4 puddle lights at the door bottoms and the 2 boot lights are all 5W 501 fitting. Again covers pop off with care.

The give a nice white light, better than the old yellow.

Sidelight bulbs are 5W 501 fitting also.

Need to upgrade my headlamp bulbs to match the whiter side lights, but will probably go with white Phillips or Osram nightbreakers, not LED.

Wont do the indicators as I've heard you get errors with these, quick flashing etc, wont bother with taillights also.

cheers

Rich

Not at the moment. They just look nice and white, rather than yellow like the old bulbs.

No worries Rich.

I was actually thinking of blue LED's to match the lighting in the foot wells so today I ordered a full set for the inside of the car - I will take some before pics tonight and will let you know the difference when they arrive.

I also ordered some for the rear number plate and the side light bulbs to see whet they look like, will be getting some 'white' main light bulbs in due course as I dislike the standard yellow haze!

;)

Interior bulb replacement done :D

Blue LEDs inside, white LEDs on rear number plate.

I tried the number plate bulbs in the sidelights and they looked great so full 'white' front bulb replacement coming soon!!

Still leraning how to get decent night shots :huh:

BEFORE

DSCN0443-1.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

AFTER

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Very nice. I think you should try this as well but in Blue.

I put a SMD LED strip along the bottom of the door and shoved the wires into the bulb holder of the door. For £4 I think its a great mod.

I still need to change the original bulb to a red LED which Ill order now :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pcs-30cm-Blue-SMD-5050-waterproof-15led-LED-Car-Motors-Strip-Light-Black-PCB-/160993717957?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257bf92ec5

Very nice Sibby is your car a tourer as you have
an extra light on each side of the car.

Ive Never seen these before. You open your door and it projects a logo onto the floor.

Free-Shipping-High-Power-car-ghost-light-Cree-led-font-b-logo-b-font-projector-Welcoming.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Projection-Multi-logos-Door-Step-LED-light-Laser-Shadow-Welcome-light-X-2pcs-/261097634541

Like the blue leds, looks well futuristic.