What's new

Anyone in the north east for EGR delete?

Pacman8184

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 cdti sport GT
As above, looking for someone on the north east (Tyne and wear) who does an EGR delete and remap? Cheers.

Hi Neil

Plenty of companys who do remaps and maybe even egr deletes but we are fortunate enought to have this sites Co founder to have his own tuning outfit. He offers remaps and also egr deletes, something i'm running on my car at the moment and it totally changes the car. His user name is F6HAD and his company is called Premier Tuning. Have a look in our trader section of the site and you'll see his section with feedback from members. If you can't see it you might need to get your post count over 10

North East is no problem mate, drop me a line.

Defo recommendation for Fahad from me in north east

Stage 2 egr delete, car never had 1 issue in years

Worth every penny

I did about 50000 miles with remap

Defo recommendation for Fahad from me in north east

Stage 2 egr delete, car never had 1 issue in years

Worth every penny

I did about 50000 miles with remap

What cluch you have ? And also 2.2cdti? Or petrol?

Considering doing map +egr off with premier just dont have money for new clutch and thats what stoping me

Mine was cdti

Spec of car is in my sig at bottom

Std clutch

I did have a clutch soon after purchase before map then another after about 25k I think it was.

Dealer when fitting new clutch have been given a tool by honda to pre tension clutch when fitting, they never did on my first one and they said this is why it would have failed again.

I only paid £250 ish I think or might have been a bit more as I had fhsh and a wareable parts warranty so as good customer honda paid the rest :)

Remap makes massive difference in the every day driving of the car not just power, it is a must to do

i would imagine most of the cars at this stage are out of warranty so its just the owners choice i guess.

My car was under honda warranty

They did question the number plate I had on my car which I took from my old dc5 which read 200bhp cars which is the company that imported it for me.

They said has it been mapped, I said no, they checked but couldn't find a map or at least didn't tell me and honda paid for most of the clutch. Fahad said the maps are well hidden in the programme

All other mods were visible on the car and they know me from my other cars I've always modified them and this has never bothered the dealer

Yep the maps are built in a way where not easily detectable and most ictdi's are now out of warranty anyway.

Thanks for the recommendation Lee. Need to do your idtec soon..

To be honest Neil the power you notice a bit but the main difference by far is no turbo lag and the smoothness of the acceleration and the drivability of the car.

Bhp is bonus but smoothness is a massive plus on the remap

Mine was quieter and I gained approx 5mpg more but I did mainly drive in a 50 mph limit to work

I think you'll only have clutch issues if you flog it all the time or if clutch is reaching end of its life already. If you drive normally the car just glides along the road without any effort

As Eric has pointed out you should invalidate your warranty if you have one if the car is remapped but I never had an issue. Make sure if under warranty car it serviced with that dealer and I would say you won't have a problem.

I asked as car under warranty and I service car with you are honda willing to put towards clutch, dealer asked and yes no problem. Ask politely and it generally works out.

Ok cool thanks for the advice, sounds like the car will be even better, my car has 61k on the clock and dealer history. I've been using the same honda dealer for years so clutch wise ill be looked after. I'm also mates with 4 of the technicians too!

The ability of your clutch to cope with the increased torque will depend upon which version of the Honda clutch your car is currently fitted with... if it's a 2010 or later clutch (325 version) then it'll probably be OK. If it's 2006 or earlier (305 version) then it'll probably fail very quickly.

All sorts of factors with clutches.

Driving in city, traffic, hard driving, keeping in sixth gear accelerating hard regularly, towing

7th gen has issues admitted by honda, if clutch already changed if dealer used pre tensioner you've a better chance of it lasting longer

If on original it could go in two years or two months you'll never know as you've not had the car from new to know how it has been driven.

As said already I went for mine not for power but drivability

If you don't trash it in theory you won't shorten the life of the clutch, problem is the power is there and can you resist planting your foot now and again :D probably not :D

Mine is a 2008 7th gen. What about that?
It's more about the age of the clutch rather than the car. Obviously it's a bit of an ***umption that your car still has its original clutch but, if it does, then that'll be the '315' version (the numbers are the last 3 digits of the Honda part number)... so better than the original 305 clutch (which was rubbish), but inferior to the 325 (which was just about OK). I wouldn't take it for granted that your clutch will cope with an increase in torque and would therefore budget to replace the clutch and DMF (or, even better, an SMF conversion) sometime in the near future, which will probably cost over a grand for a decent aftermarket one (such as one from CG Motorsport).

Always budget for a clutch. If it holds out, then bonus. If it doesn't - then it wasn't the end of the world.

Bear in mind the clutch on these cars will never totally fail and leave you stranded.. it basically becomes an annoyance as it slips in gear and then catches up when the pressure plate can exert enough pressure on the friction disc to cope with the torque.