What's new

Anyone written to Honda UK reagrding DPF?

Have put my car into Honda for a DPF regeneration with t a chemical clean into the dpf itself. They have said if i get another DPF fault they will regenerate it for free but they have not had any one back after they have had the chemical clean done. More than likely it will need a new DPF!! I need this on record to Honda so Honda UK can see its been done.

Well back to square one again!!! The DPF light has come back on and as promised by my local Honda dealer they regenerated it again for free. They recommended that I replace the DPF which will cost over £1000 inc VAT and labour! I have also have contacted Honda UK customer services who have raised it to Honda HQ and they have come back with this:-

"Honda (UK) considers a number of factors when making a goodwill decision. These would be the age, mileage and Honda service history of the vehicle. I have looked through your vehicle details and I am pleased to advise that we were able to reduce the cost of the parts for you on this occasion. Honda (UK) have agreed to reduce the cost of the DPF filter from £791.35 to £450. We have also agreed to cover the cost of the gaskets."

Obviously there will be labour charges from the dealer bringing the total cost to £630!!

Does anyone think it would be worth writing back to Honda UK to see if they could cover more of the costs? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. F6HAD I have you in mind for getting this fixed once and for all if they cannot reduce the costs any further.

Neal - it's really your choice, but even replacing it only buys you more time. It doesn't solve the problem.

I would just like to add my thanks to F6HAD
had mine removed and remap last october
drove up from Manchester and was done and dusted in 3 hours car has been great.
much smoother and quicker, extra mpg and no more dpf issues
passed mot no problems
5k since I had it done well worth money
thanks mate