What's new

Are the rear ABS sensors the same part number?

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
Hello all,
I need to replace an abs sensor on the rear right side of our accord. Are both rear sensors the same part i.e. interchangable?

Here are the links to some abs sensors on ebay. It appears the rear right sensor is twice the price which got me wondering. If anything would of only thought the metal bracket is maybe different.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HONDA-ACCORD-REAR-LEFT-ABS-WHEEL-SPEED-SENSOR-57475-SEA-013-/221852842737?fits=Model%3AAccord&hash=item33a775baf1:g:eek:8QAAOSwZd1Veo1p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-MK-VIII-2003-2008-Rear-Right-ABS-Wheel-Speed-Sensor-57455-SDH-003-/272010059744?fits=Model%3AAccord&hash=item3f55101fe0:g:RwUAAOSwEeFVGlI2

Thanks for your help

Oh right thanks for clearing that up for me :) Seems like the listing is wrong then for the rear right sensor. I'll take a punt on buying the rear left one and fitting it to the rear right.

Maybe I can use the bracket off the old sensor cable if it comes to it.

Last year I swapped out the rear left abs sensor and wheel bearing in order to pass the mot which worked fine. When we had the tyres changed the abs light seems to have come back on. I ***umed it was the rear left that id worked on but seems to be the rear right throwing a code according to my autel obdII code scanner.

Just a side note to say this car has been brilliant for the 1400squid we paid. Apart from this minor fault weve done over 10k with no major issues. The car was 160k when we bought it and is now just over 170k. We did have a dual mass flywheel problem that raised its ugly head but it seems to have sorted itself out

It will be interesting to hear how you get on, for £6.99 you can't go wrong really

Left and right rear sensors are actually the same sensor but they have different mounting points for the cable so therefore different part numbers. You can make them fit either side. I'm not sure on the aftermarket ones

Brilliant, thanks for clearing that up Fahad. The sensor arrived today and I cant see why it would be different either side. I have pryed off the metal bracket which caused no damage to the cable. Can someone jog my memory is the abs sensor removal/replacement just wheel off, undo bolt that holds sensor into hub and then unclip at the other end or is there anything else that needs to come off? Its cold and dark out there but im tempted to give it a go tonight if I know what im up against. I just wanted to check the brakes, dust shield, etc all stay put. I did this job a year ago on the other side but my memory is crap.

Thanks

Yep that's it.. Have a look in the DIY section, i remember doing a write up a few years ago. I wouldn't attempt it in the dark, it's highly likely the old sensor will be seized in and will need drilling out.

The 6.99 ebay sensor worked a treat. I also reused the metal bracket off the old sensor. I drilled it out and vacuumed out the crud. The ABS light was still on but I cleared the code with the scanner then went for a drive and all is fine. Hopefully this helps someone else by proving the sensors are no different to each other on the rear other than the metal bracket.

That's great mate and those sensors are a bargain considering Honda wanted some £145 for a new one when I needed one a few years back. There was no copy part available back then