What's new

Arrrggg Front bumper.

Ross3r

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-CDTi
Hey guys.
Ok so I had my cars brakes changed and rear disks replaced today.
As I drive away from getting this done I hit a tiny wall and scratch the heck out of my front bumper. It' even poped out a little under the light. Lucky it's just the scratches thats all thats wrong with it.

The question I have is, where can I get a new front bumper color coded of course. The color I have is Deep Mocha Pearlesant..
Keep in mind that I dont have a fortune to spend. Also I would prefer to have a new bumper than a repaired bumper. (That's the snob in me talking. ;) )

Oh and the car is a 06 model, Icdti.

Hey guys.
Ok so I had my cars brakes changed and rear disks replaced today.
As I drive away from getting this done I hit a tiny wall and scratch the heck out of my front bumper. It' even poped out a little under the light. Lucky it's just the scratches thats all thats wrong with it.

The question I have is, where can I get a new front bumper color coded of course. The color I have is Deep Mocha Pearlesant..
Keep in mind that I dont have a fortune to spend. Also I would prefer to have a new bumper than a repaired bumper. (That's the snob in me talking. ;) )

Oh and the car is a 06 model, Icdti.

New bumpers aren't cheap my friend. Why not get it repaired? You'll never even know it's been damaged! Trust me, I speak from experience!! B)

Any pictures of the damage?

I'll post up some pic's of the damage. From what I've been told I took it to a body shop a few months ago and the gent there said that it had been resprayed before and he could see the differance in the paint. Now I know Metal and plastic show paint up differantly.
I'll try get some pic's posted tomorrow.
I would like to buy new to be honest I also need to get a new front fog light. You gotta love stone chips. :(
I just want to make my car look show room again.

Well that's fair enough man! Always nice to see a beaut restored to her former glory.

As for finding a new one I can't really help, tried fleabay?

I imagine it will not be cheap though :(

Speak to Lee at HH he could hook you up with a brand new bumper for around £250 I think. Also deep mocha pearl gonna be a back order from Belgium job I would think. When I changed mine it was a perfect match, but a respray would of needed the wings blending to be a 100% job.

I saw a guy hit his Accord bumper on a small wall once when I was at an Accord meeting, I can't seem to remember exactly who though ;) :unsure:

Speak to Lee at HH he could hook you up with a brand new bumper for around £250 I think. Also deep mocha pearl gonna be a back order from Belgium job I would think. When I changed mine it was a perfect match, but a respray would of needed the wings blending to be a 100% job.

Hey Monks. Cheers dude. I'll give him a call and see what the dealio is I'd be happy with spending about £300 which I think is more than fair.

I saw a guy hit his Accord bumper on a small wall once when I was at an Accord meeting, I can't seem to remember exactly who though ;) :unsure:

*ahem*

*cough*

Some barsteward lowered the car while I wasn't looking ;). Would've been alright otherwise.

£250 for a painted new bumper is probably what I'll be going for too when the funds allow....missus put the car keys through the trucking washing machine last week so we're on the spare now :(

By the time you've taken the car in and lost a day or two for the work, it only takes an hour or so to do a straight swap - then you have a spare to spruce or mod up as you feel ;)

Ouch! Put some pics up, I wish you were closer my mate Captain could have had it sorted in a jiffy.

Well I might be driving down to strafford in a few weeks time. How close is that to him?
Maybe I should just take a day or two off and have a long weekend and come down to you guys for a little visit.
;)

Sure, we can have it done within 24 hours if we have enough notice and have the paint beforehand.

Mmmmm, I'll post pic's up tomorrow and that way you can check the damage out. there are a few little bits on the car that I would like touched up also.
So might just have to come down to see you guys. ;)