What's new

At Celtic tuning

Mars406

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord I-DTEC
Just got to Celtic tuning and car ran on the dyno at 262 torque and 158 bhp on stock run.

What are the stock figures meant to be?

Will Celtic be remapping it for you?
Im not sure about the torque but the BHP is 150.Martin so are you getting her mapped if so keep us updated mate.

Yeah just got her remapped and the stock figures are 148bhp and 249 torque, just got it mapped to 225 bhp and 330 torque pulls soooo much more but we found that my clutch is slipping so need to replace the clutch, then they will dyno it again as they have a friend with a rolling road in Bristol, the people there were awesome and really really helpful, I did have a check engine light pop up but drove it backto them and they removed the ECU plugged it in a said it was just the torque limiter they had to play with. with our car not alot of people like to tune them as u have to remove the ECU to do it.

Great result Martin and it will get faster over the next 100 miles as the ECU will self learn.
You might give me a run for your money now against my 2.4 :lol:

Wow that is amazing. But 50% more power? Tbh I am not surprised your clutch is giving up. Must be amazing to drive though haha :D

sounds really good pal. Suprised the clutch has started to slip though. Is there a problem with the 8th gen clutches too?

It slipped a week ago before I had the remap but didn't think much of it and the bloke said as u remap it , it will amplifie small problems like that but he said he was happy how smooth it was and it pulls like a train. And Brett I think that could be abit of fun ha ha

Sorry to burst your bubble but a 150bhp won't be making a 75bhp gain, especially with the DPF still in the car. Get it tuned properly and verified on an independant dyno run.

The Type S makes a decent 45bhp gain to 225. but that's stock 180bhp.

Trust me, i've done enough of these to know what is possible and what isn't. I've seen some crazy claims out there - but this is right up there with the best of them.

Perhaps this is just something Celtic tell there customers.As Jay's Accord was tuned by them as well and his was claimed to be 221 BHP.
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5490-re-map-after-safety-recall/page__p__64922__fromsearch__1#entry64922

It might be worth getting the car Martin as Fahad said on an independent rolling road to prove there figures.

Yeah I am getting the clutch plate done then putting it back on a rolling road for final figures.

Which dyno you taking it to in Bristol, is it Interpro.

lol @ 225bhp,
the figure is not important it's getting a 'safe' gain and making it more driveable that is. I'm sure the map is safe but the dyno is setup wrong to give those readings.

Just got to Celtic tuning and car ran on the dyno at 262 torque and 158 bhp on stock run.
These initial figures for your car with the stock map do suggest that the dyno was over-reading a bit, as you did go on to suggest that the stock figures are only 148bhp and 249 torque. I understand that a correction factor is applied to the wheel (or hub) figures to 'calculate' the figures for flywheel power... these are a bit of a fiddle factor and might have been wrongly applied. I've never heard of Celtic misleading anyone about remap power figures though, so maybe it's an issue at the Bristol location?

Just contacted southwest tuning in chipping sodbury but don't think they will get back to me till the new year which is kl because I got to get the clutch done first so I just emailed black diamond to see if they had a clutch to fit my car. As I am not to keen on putting a LUK clutch in as I would like a better proformance one.

Martin we shall have to have a stand off to see the true BHP :lol:
On a track of coarse ;)

Perhaps this is just something Celtic tell there customers.As Jay's Accord was tuned by them as well and his was claimed to be 221 BHP.
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5490-re-map-after-safety-recall/page__p__64922__fromsearch__1#entry64922

It might be worth getting the car Martin as Fahad said on an independent rolling road to prove there figures.

Brett is right here, Mine should be around the 221 bhp mark but with the lumpy auto box its never transmitting that on the tarmac! I would estimate around 180 bhp tops 190 as I can just about keep up with the father in laws new 200 bhp Mondeo.

As for the clutch slip, not the first ive heard of following a re-map. I remember Celtic saying they were limiting the torque output as a few Accords had had issues of slipping. Even on the auto its evident under hard acceleration in 3rd gear that a small amount of slip as you can feel a judder around the 3000 rpm mark.

I did remember Celtic saying the 180 bhp stock could reach 225 and the 150 and maximum of 221 due to the smaller intercooler........

Is it a bad ***umption to think that the newer revision of the IDTEC could produce a little more power due to less internal frictional losses??

I have a 2009 I detec,
I too am going to Celtic tuning,
They have promised 221 bhp and 299 lb/ ft of torque,
More will make my clutch slip apparently.
Am I wasting my money here?
I took their figures to be gospel.

The best way to be sure is get them to put the car on the dyno before and after

Those figures don't even make sense. We can hit over 300lbft with 200bhp. And I'm sure I've told you before that a 148bhp idtec will not safely make that number.

Don't chase after numbers, have the car tuned within safe limits by someone who knows what they're doing. That isn't just me, there's plenty of decent and sensible tuners out there.

Fahad has anyone with a CU1 had there accord mapped? Do you do mapping? Mine has the egr valve and wondering if its worth having it removed

You have an 8th gen accord? Yes of course, did one just this morning. Dpf removal and egr blank with stage 2 @ 200bhp.

I can also tune the petrol r20 and k24 in the 8th gen

I have the petrol 2.0l r20A3 engine. What can you do for this and what sort of gains would you expect?

R20 will achieve 16bhp/22nm

We can also raise rev limiter and adjust vtec activation.

Drop me a line for pricing and details