What's new

Auto Transmission slow to down change

HON65

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
brrrrrrr.....cold out there! :)

auto seems a bit slow to react when using kickdown, i notice especially when cruising at 70 on motorway and traffic speeds up, it's like "COME ON, CHANGE!" and end up flooring it to get any reaction.

I changed the trans fluid last week but not had the effect that I had hoped. To what extent does the oil quality effect the auto??

thank's

It's the single most important thing in your auto box, and ensuring you have the right consistency and quantity in your auto box is key.

I hope you used genuine Honda ATF.

It's the single most important thing in your auto box, and ensuring you have the right consistency and quantity in your auto box is key.

I hope you used genuine Honda ATF.

just read my post back and what I meant to ask was how does the engine oil effect the kickdown? :D

used genuine Honda ATF for the transmission, dead easy to do.

Check the throttle linkage cable. If there is any slack in it, then it will affect the kickdown capability.

with the cold weather, it is quite normal for the kickdown to be a little slower in response. I find this is the case with mine during the first few minutes. After 5 or so, its absolutely spot on.

journey time 40 mins so plenty of warm up, I will check the throttle, thought about that on the way in today..spooky :lol:

Try downshifting with the tiptronic thing. I find that mine is sometimes slow to upshift but it changes instantly when I use the shifter.