What's new

Autoglym SRP and Collinite 476! Amazing Result!

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Hi guys,

So I purchased Autoglym Super Resin Polish today and have to say WOW...Amazing stuff. It was so easy to put on and even easier to buff off and the shine was unbelievable... I bought the litre bottle for £10 from our local motor factors store and I still have loads left...I topped it off with a coat of Collinite 476s and you can see the results for yourself...Yes, this is the cleanest and shiniest Honda Accord taxi in Redditch :lol: :lol:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Looks great, was it shiny before you polished it though or have you seen a massive difference in shine?

The shine difference was huge especially when I buffed off the ag srp, the collinite protected the shine to make it even more adorable...

Great result Waj,

I'd be honoured if that was the taxi that picked me up.

personally I think it says something when the taxi is a nice car, that is well looked after, you just know your in for a nice journey home.

That's a taxi wow, I thought it was a show car. Some taxi, I'd be honoured to be driven home in that, you'd be given a big tip as well :)

Thanx folks, im always being complimented about my car when i pick up customers. If only other taxi drivers looked after their cars, we have some where i work and they are sheds. I personally wouldnt get in them :eek:

Im contemplating giving mine a bit of much deserved TLC. It does have quite a bit of crud stuck on that washing alone won't remove. Im guessing I'll have to use a clay bar (is there something else?) then go for it with SRP and collinite?

Did you just paint the calipers or did you buy some new ones or covers?

Chris, go with the clay bar mate and after that the srp and collinite. You cant go wrong.. I painted the calipers bud...thanx ppl for the great comments btw

Have you tried the Autoglyms High definition wax? Someone has just recommended it to me, so I'm thinking about buying some. I've used Autoglym leather cleaner and leather care and I was not impressed, but I guess I cannot judge their total range by those two products.

heard of the HD wax never tried it, was always told good things about the collinite so i thought i give it a try and its a long lasting protection wax so just before autum and spring apply a coat and your protected all year round basically...let us know the outcome of the HD wax if you buy it...

heard of the HD wax never tried it, was always told good things about the collinite so i thought i give it a try and its a long lasting protection wax so just before autum and spring apply a coat and your protected all year round basically...let us know the outcome of the HD wax if you buy it...

Well, I've got to say that having seen your beautiful car I've decided to go with this combo: Autoglym shampoo and conditioner, then super resin, then Colinite. Wasn't sure about using the Colinite in case it was hard to get off or apply. I'm not going to clay the car, I probably should but I really am worried about doing that, so I'm playing safe. OK, won't be showroom quality but it should at least look nice.

Good choice, your car will look showroom, just remember to take your time and don't apply the polish and wax in direct sunlight. I polished my whole car with srp, and then buffed it on a cloudy day, came off instantly but with collinite less is more...apply it lightly and do one panel at a time and then admire your baby just like I did lol

Oh dear, confession time lol. I went for the Autoglym high definition wax instead of the Collinite because everything I've read about it seems to say it is really easy to put on and buff off. If it is rubbish I will get the Collinite. I've been debating this for weeks lol, too much choice.

I've started a thread about my car in the detailing section, before and after photos (no after photos yet though, probably be a week or two) Hopefully I will get at least half the shine of your car, I will be very, very happy :)

PS: I showed this thread to my hubby last night and he was knocked off his feet, very, very impressed he was :)

Brill Waj, srp works really well at hiding swirls etc, and the colli seals it in nicely. I would reccomend a QD after wash to keep that shine going.

lovely mate just lovely

Thanks brett, sal whats QD ? I'm thinking using demon shine to keep it shiny...do u know if demon shine is ok to use after waxing? I've used it before the shine was really good

Oh dear, confession time lol. I went for the Autoglym high definition wax instead of the Collinite because everything I've read about it seems to say it is really easy to put on and buff off. If it is rubbish I will get the Collinite. I've been debating this for weeks lol, too much choice.

I've started a thread about my car in the detailing section, before and after photos (no after photos yet though, probably be a week or two) Hopefully I will get at least half the shine of your car, I will be very, very happy :)

PS: I showed this thread to my hubby last night and he was knocked off his feet, very, very impressed he was :)

Michelle,

You'll be fine with AG HD Wax, i've used it lots and it really is a good product.

Depending on how you are doing it i.e applying SRP first the AG HD Wax, or if your just washing the car then apply the HD wax, then you can apply it wet i.e after you have rinsed the car, it actually helps getting the wax distributed.

Buffing it off is simple.

Michelle,

You'll be fine with AG HD Wax, i've used it lots and it really is a good product.

Depending on how you are doing it i.e applying SRP first the AG HD Wax, or if your just washing the car then apply the HD wax, then you can apply it wet i.e after you have rinsed the car, it actually helps getting the wax distributed.

Buffing it off is simple.

Many thanks for the tips :) I wasn't sure I was buying good stuff, there's so much choice it is mind boggling.
I've got this line-up worked out:
AG products, 1) shampoo/conditioner 2) HD cleaner 3) SRP possibly a couple of times 4) HD wax. I'm hoping that the HD cleaner will give results like claying but without the clay lol.

Many thanks for the tips :) I wasn't sure I was buying good stuff, there's so much choice it is mind boggling.
I've got this line-up worked out:
AG products, 1) shampoo/conditioner 2) HD cleaner 3) SRP possibly a couple of times 4) HD wax. I'm hoping that the HD cleaner will give results like claying but without the clay lol.

It will be interesting on the HD Cleaner as I've not used it myself.

best thing to do is rub you finger tips slowly across the paintwork, after you have washed it, but before using the HD cleanser or anything, you should feel tiny particles, that you can hardly see, you may also be able to see little tar spots.

After using the HD cleaner then run your fingertips over it should feel like running you fingers over a polished glass coffee table which will be a good indication that all the tree sap, tar pollen etc has been removed, which is effectively what claying does. It certainly looks promising from the write up. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Will do, thanks for your help :) It does feel dirty when it has been washed, so it does need a really good clean. That HD stuff sounded good when I read about it on their website, I really don't want to clay so thought I'd give it a go. I will report back on the thead I started when I've done some work on it. Many thanks.

cant wait to see your car after the polish and wax...excited much :D

Thanks Waj, if it looks even a little bit as great as your car I'll be over the moon :D Wax and polish have turned up this morning but still waiting for the shampoo and paintwork cleaner, so job delayed lol. :D