What's new

AUX lead

Roberts14

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hello everyone i have a 2003 7th gen honda accord exec saloon, with premium sound system, anyone have any idea on where to get a lead from that fits into the cigerette socket? Also ive noticed my mirrors dont fold in when locked, should they fold in? Sorry new to Honda's

I can't find an input for the aux at all in mine so I'm guessing it's a generic button for maybe a cassette system? And I can't seem to find an usb port either which is why I'm thinking it too. They don't fold when locked you have to remember to push the button before switching it off.

There's an auxiliary input for an additional CD changer or Tape player on the back of the head unit. For USB/Auxiliary/iPod connectivity, you'll need to buy an Xcarlink for Honda Accord. Then take your centre console out, plug it in, run the cabling behind the trim and keep it in your glove box or centre arm rest storage.

Should mention this will support all the steering wheel controls, which is good.

Stevearcade said:
There's an auxiliary input for an additional CD changer or Tape player on the back of the head unit. For USB/Auxiliary/iPod connectivity, you'll need to buy an Xcarlink for Honda Accord. Then take your centre console out, plug it in, run the cabling behind the trim and keep it in your glove box or centre arm rest storage.
is taking the unit out a big deal?

Reasonably, but if I can do it, anyone can. There's a comprehensive guide. The main thing is you need to be slightly rough with a couple of bits of trim and you need a spatula also ;) . There is an amazing guide on Civic info of all places, but if you search this site for XCarlink install, you'll find links to the other site's guide.

this makes a mockery of the term aux(iliary), aux is meant to be easily accessible i am pretty sure. Not at the back ar$e of the head unit. But that's where it is, I got an xlink attached to mine, its a very good piece of kit.

I believe so, but could be wrong.

39buss said:
Does this apply to the 03 2LTR Ex without the Sat/Nav.
Steve's right - it does.

The AUX connection was for an auxiliary device purchasable from Honda like a CD changer or Mini-Disc (remember those!) so it's no suppose to be easily accessible. Anyhow the xcarlink is the only real option here.

Could someone please post a link on how to get at it please and where to get the xcarlink. ta

Google 'xcarlink'. There's plenty people selling them. 'bassjunkies' in Wolverhampton are one. I have no connection with them so this is not a recommend.

I completed an xCarlink install a couple of weeks ago using the civinfo guide mentioned above, which can be found here. I managed it without major incident, and if I can do it pretty much anybody should be able to do it. The only difficult part for me was releasing the front panel from its clips (stage 9 in the guide), and when I removed the panel again last week while trying to fit a short shifter it jammed and I broke one of the clips. :(

I fitted a "connects 2 " aux lead, they are based in tipton dy4, similar to xcarlink google them, fitting was easy, they are only for the stereos without sat nav