What's new

Auxiliary drive belt length

Hi mate

[SIZE=medium]Part:[/SIZE] Aux Belt for Honda Accord (Revised Shorter Version)
[SIZE=medium]Part Number[/SIZE]: 04301-RBD-305

If your hearing a whirring or clicking sound around the alternator area then your alternator bearings may have gone from the cause of the current belt routing. The bearings in your alternator can be replaced rather than replacing the alternator itself

If required
31114-PGK-A01 Alternator bearings

Going back to the original question, does anyone know the length of the revised (shorter) belt please?

I'm getting very conflicting information from suppliers, who seem largely unaware that later Accords had a shorter belt.

Having now looked through several manufacturers/suppliers websites, it is widely and commonly confirmed that the shorter, improved pre-facelift Accord i-CTDi belt needs to be 1785mm... this then gives a Gates/'universal' part code of 7PK1785. However there is a good deal of confusion regarding this code, as the Gates website wrongly suggests that this is only for various Renault models, and only lists the longer, obsolete Honda belt. Many suppliers then regurgitate this incomplete information! So Woody - if you're reading this - you were bang on with your advice and I apologise for having doubts (it was the exclusively Renault advice from Gates that worried me).

I have just ordered a belt from CarParts4Less (via eBay) for £12.60, delivery included.

For info (and to help avoid buying the wrong part) the longer, obsolete belt length is 2265mm. That belt size is still widely available.

Nice one Jon.
I didn't know that in regards to the conflicting information about the belt length.
I ***ume this applies to the face lift too?

Hi Alex, yes... that length for the modified 'shorter' option would be the standard fitting for the facelift models (and is the Honda part number you quoted a few weeks ago). But it is feasible that facelift Accord owners could be wrongly supplied with the pre-facelift Accord (original/longer) belt by an aftermarket supplier (Honda no longer supply the longer belt).

I bought the idler pulley, tensioner pulley and alternator pulley for my facelift accord mk7 2.2 diesel.
Should I go for the normal length belt ( what is the code for it please? ) because I did the mistake of buying that idler pulley or should I bin that and go for the shorter belt( again, what is the proper code for it? )

Next week I will start changing stuff on my car and I will need all the help.

Thanks

7pk1785 is the correct belt. I opted for a Contibelt 1788 as it was cheaper than the OEM Bando.

Shorter. The long belt will damage your alternator if refitted.

Ok. So today I managed to replace the belt with the shorter one, removed the idler pulley and changed the tensioner pulley with a new one.
Some ratling noise dissapeared now but I still have the whining noise in the video ( click on the link) https://youtu.be/ahyhOxiKgUU

Can anyone tell me if this is from the timing chain or is the power steering pump ?

It does not make noise when I steer , just when I accelerate. I have the high pressure power steering hose leaking ( bought a new one , will be replaced soon) . It might have run without oil at some point, and now it is noisy? When idling sounds ok.
Thaks for the help, really helpful forum this is. Love it

Is there any modification for petrol models or do you just use

GATES 7PK1750

honda_saj said:
Is there any modification for petrol models or do you just use
GATES 7PK1750
mod is only for pre-facelift diesel

yes 7PK1750 for the 7th gen petrol Accords (or 7PK1385 if you want to bypass the compressor on a 7th gen petrol Acord)

Great [emoji106] thought so not planning on losing AC so compressor will stay thanks for reply

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

hi everyone,

sorry but i need to confirm this as tried 4/5 diff belts last saturday including 7PK1784..... but the mechanic couldnt get it on. went to pick up 7PK1785 yesterday from Euro car parts but they said 1784 should do the job as there is hardly any difference between the two and he gave me 1790 in the end, which i think is going to be long?

could anyone please confirm if 7PK1785 is 100% the right part number for a:

Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDI (05 Model) 2005?

​many thanks all.

mod is only for pre-facelift diesel

yes 7PK1750 for the 7th gen petrol Accords (or 7PK1385 if you want to bypass the compressor on a 7th gen petrol Acord)

Can anyone confirm if 7PK1385 can also be used in the cdti to bypass the compressor?

Many thanks for your reply!

I have kind off an odd noise that only happens when engine warms up and at idle and not sure if the altenator pulley is the the culprit... I know that the pulley isn't good anyway as when I move it backwards I can see the alternator fan spining which it shouldn't happen... but can't understand why I only hear it when the engine warms up...

The compressor pulley isn't in the best of shapes either so I thought I may give it a go at testing running without it if everything else fails...