Back again

Michaelbehegan

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 accord icdti
Hi guys im back again im just wonderin if any of you have had this issue
When my car is in neutral and revved up the engine sounds sweet but
When im in gear and driving and put my foot down theres lyk a clicking coming from engine
Its not manifold or injectors
Maybe do all of them do this and i never noticed??

When im in gear and driving and put my foot down theres lyk a clicking coming from engine

Are you sure it's coming from engine? could be clutch/dmf or gearbox noise maybe, a cheap option to try would be changing the mtf fluid before digging deeper. Are there any fault codes on the dash?

Topic merged as same topic.

If you hear clicking sound only when accelerating and just slightly clicking sound on idle it's definitely the chains, i have replaced them both and it sounds lovely now!!!

In general, I think timing chains tend to click before they go pop. There's no way of knowing how long they've got left though. Could be days, weeks, months... Better get it checked over.

If you hear clicking sound only when accelerating and just slightly clicking sound on idle it's definitely the chains, i have replaced them both and it sounds lovely now!!!
Surely any timing chain noise would relate to engine speed and not whether the engine was accelerating (or not)?

Quite true. I don't really know for sure. Maybe load is a factor? Revving when stationary won't put the engine under the same load as when it's having to pull the car along?

My old golf used make odd noises only when in motion. Turned out to be some pretty dire news relating to the gear box and clutch :unsure: . I hope yours isn't as serious as my Golf's issue was.

Hi Mikey. Sorry to ask, but how can you be sure that the exhaust manifold doesn't have a slight crack and is therefore leaking enough to generate a bit of noise when under load? That's how mine started, but now it's become really obvious that the manifold is cracked as the problem has worsened (you can see smoke rising at the back of the engine on cold starts). I can't directly see the problem, though, as the crack is hidden by the heatshield.

My car makes a similar noise only when changing gears although mine sounds like its coming from under the car from drivers side :s