What's new

Back in the Game?!

phoenix802

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Saloon Ex i-CDTI
Morning all,

After having a 7th Gen for 5 years I switched to a BMW F10 when that died on me, I am missing the Honda experience though and am tempted to return! I am looking at getting an 8th Gen Diesel Ex, I do about 800 miles a week pure motorway cruising around 70mph. I wanted to know if there are any major things I need to look out for when taking the plunge? I've seen that the 2011 models seem to have better fuel economy just slightly. Having read on here about the deletion of the DPF seems like that should be first port of call, but is there anything I should be wary of?

Appreciate your time and replies!

Better option will be 8th Gen Type S (engine more powerful 180bhp then ex or ex gt version 150bhp)

F10 timing chain failure by any chance? Did 143k in my f10, still felt brand new after 4 years.

8th gen Idtec auto is a nice car. EGR and DPF off and you're sorted really.

Taryfa, I don't really need the extra power I'm a bit of an efficiency nut so would take the extra mpg over the bhp :blush:

No the F10 is still going strong but mileage is racking up and I wanna sell it before making too much of a loss, got a good offer on it so mulling that over and looking for replacements in the mean time!

Is there a major difference in an 2009 one and 2011? Will def think about getting the engine EGR'd, from reading the posts its a no brainer on the 8th Gen.

Sorry I misread your post, I thought you meant the f10 died on you.

The accord is a nice car, but you will be severely disappointed stepping into one after owning an F10.

If you're a fuel economy nut. I'm the man to talk to about 8th gen Accord. Driving technique and the banishment of the DPF will help.

specialsheikh said:
If you're a fuel economy nut. I'm the man to talk to about 8th gen Accord. Driving technique and the banishment of the DPF will help.
Specialsheikh, maybe you could share some of your info here! My Tourer fully loaded, three adults and roof box computer said it was doing 42mpg, with just me can push 55 mpg.

John.