What's new

Battery dead, took off to charge... now in limp mode

mango

Members
Reaction score
Car
B20TurboCRX &TypeS
Any ideas chaps?

Long story short the Accord has been sat for a couple of months, battery went totally flat and would start with a jump start from another car. Took it off to charge it, put it back on and the car started just fine, but Engine Management/Fault light and VSA fault lights are on and it is clearly in limp mode.

Is there a main fuse that needs to be pulled to reset the ECU or something else to be done after the battery has been disconnected?

cheers

Mango

If the battery was totally flat for a couple of months then its usefulness could be degraded, depending how old it was when it was left totally flat.

I would take the battery out again and fully charge it again. Then when you put the battery back in, if everything has not cleared, you may need the car to be checked with a good OBD unit.

Or you could have blown a fuse or something more serious when jumpstarting

Thanks chaps.

Freddo, I took it out and charged it up off the car, it started first turn of the key, but left the fault lights on.

I'll have a look at the fuses next chance I get.

Any more ideas anyone?

Normally disconnecting the battery for 5 mins clears the code, they're still stored in the ECU, but no longer appear on the dash, worth a try.

OP posted #4 on 26 January (four months ago) and hasn't been online since 9 Feb. so #5 is a bit of a thread resurection