What's new

Battery Failure

jabal

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 iCTDI Sport GT
Well after extolling the virtues of the most reliable car I have ever owned she let me down this morning. I drove 200miles south this weekend to a wedding, stayed overnight and got up early this morning to come back north. The battery only just had enough life to slowly turn the engine over but not start. I had to call out the RAC who I must say were brilliant. One of the cells had gone in the battery and the RAC guy luckily had a new BOSCH one on his van for £87.

The battery was the original one which is just 4 years old now, I have never had a moments problem with it and then nothing, I was amazed at how a battery can just go like that. Evidently this is a fairly common problem with modern batteries. :(

Anyway well done RAC, great service as always.

i know the feeling mate, went out to start this morning and mine was a goner. Ended up at Phoenix Honda in glasgow at 8am (bus) only to find they had none in stock. Luckily they had one at another dealers, so they picked it up and dropped it off at my home just 75 minutes later :D

Total cost for battery came to £66.29 inc VAT, considering Euro Car Parts and Halfords wanted more, i was pretty pleased

I replaced mine with a VARTA Calcium Silver battery, higher spec and 5 year warranty. If memory serves me correctly it was £93

Superb service there - nice to see them go the extra mile to help out.

Great news....and we can let the car off this time ;)

Unfortunately batteries are a wear and tear item and so will have to be replaced at some stage but apart from that u have had a really good service from the RAC

Good stuff by the RAC

Glad your sorted mate and yes good stuff from the RAC for having a battery on board.

Evidently this is a fairly common problem with modern batteries. :(

hmmm, not so sure this true, quite a few members on here have replaced just because they need to rely on their car, me? mines is 6.5 years young and still going strong..
biggrin.gif

Yes Honda Happiness is your best bet for new batteries,.,

Thanks for all the comments guys, I was just relieved to be on my way again only 45 minutes after calling the RAC. It took at least 10 minutes for the car to re set itself with radio codes etc - very clever! :rolleyes:

Ha, just sitting waiting on a mate coming down to jump mine!! Not impressed tbh. Just over a 3 year old car!!!