What's new

Before and after detailing, graphite pearl tourer

Yes but its worth it ppl say I spend too much on my car but when I get compliments I know its with it...if you get the devil shine try to get the big can not the spray as the big can lasts ages...if u need any advice were all here to help

Many thanks Waj, your car is worth every penny you spend on it, looks a million dollars :) Thank for your help :)

Silver cars aren't all they are cracked up to be, Jav on here can make it look really good, but he is also in a different league, but no matter how hard you try, a polished darker colour always wins!

I've owned a couple of silver cars, they were not really light silver though, more medium to dark silver. They looked fairly clean even when they were dirty and I could never see the scratches on them. Really light ones are probably a pain in the rear though, like my white car was, that was a really big pain in the rear, drove me nuts lol. I think there's nothing quite like a highly polised black car, nothing beats that for me. Although, I wouldn't own a black car, even though it is my favourite colour for cars, it would totally drive me up the wall. This graphite pearl is sending me that way too :rolleyes:

I'll have to get the polishing gear out and show you all how it's done :lol: I love the way my car shines when it's gleaming but boy is it hard to keep clean.. Here are some from some time ago..

DSC02170-1.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC04496.jpg

222345_10150583870040366_861775365_18569782_6856659_n.jpg

231054_10150583842035366_861775365_18569377_7855961_n.jpg

I'll have to get the polishing gear out and show you all how it's done :lol: I love the way my car shines when it's gleaming but boy is it hard to keep clean.. Here are some from some time ago..

DSC02170-1.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC04496.jpg

222345_10150583870040366_861775365_18569782_6856659_n.jpg

231054_10150583842035366_861775365_18569377_7855961_n.jpg

woooowwwwww! That is one beautiful car, I'd never dare take it out of the garage or park it anywhere. One speck of dust on that would send me round the bend, one bird dropping and well...................beautiful car, beautiful polishing work too, thanks for posting pictures of it :)

Hey thanks ;) But unfortunately it doesn't get pampered as much anymore and the front end has repainted like 5 times now due to stone chips.. It's only been washed in the last two pics, not polished but yes polished in the first two with Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine and Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection for good measure.

Fahad you poser lol on a serious note I've seen fahads car and he sets the example when it comes to great modding and subtle changes, it's a minter...i can't compete with him and I love his car and them 19 inch rages, beautiful!!!

Hey thanks ;) But unfortunately it doesn't get pampered as much anymore and the front end has repainted like 5 times now due to stone chips.. It's only been washed in the last two pics, not polished but yes polished in the first two with Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine and Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection for good measure.

These cars really do seem to suffer badly from stone chips. I've only ever had one other car that suffered as bad and that was a Volvo 740, many, many years ago. The design of that meant that it chipped really badly. I've never been one for driving close to people so stone chips have not been a problem for me over the years, the odd chip here and there but this car is proving to be a bit of a nightmare...............

Fahad you poser lol on a serious note I've seen fahads car and he sets the example when it comes to great modding and subtle changes, it's a minter...i can't compete with him and I love his car and them 19 inch rages, beautiful!!!

It is very flash isn't it. First thing my hubby said when I handed him the laptop to look at the photos was, "those wheels are huge" he would say that though because we've got the tiny standard wheels on ours. He then said, "look at the depth of tyre from the rim, ultra low profile" I just love it, just like I do you car, because it is beautifully polished and black and stunning..................anyone want to swap for a dull looking graphite pearl....................needs a mod to add a bit more umph when needed for over taking etc. Mind you if it was given a mod I think it would kill it off, would need a new clutch instantly. :rolleyes:

The easy chipping is partly due to the front low profile of the car, but also the thin and soft paint and lacquer Honda use (water based).

Thought that was the reason. However, I didn't know they used thin and soft paint. Their cars are well built I'd have thought the paintwork would be of a similar quality, shame that, spoils the car really. I touched up goodness knows how many chips the other week and was horrified to see more the other day lol.

Silver cars aren't all they are cracked up to be, Jav on here can make it look really good, but he is also in a different league, but no matter how hard you try, a polished darker colour always wins!

LOL try experimenting with this lot once a month :) just got to keep on top of it lol

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

LOL try experimenting with this lot once a month :) just got to keep on top of it lol

Ay!! now I know where your name Mr OCD detailer comes from :D I love your comment "just got to keep on top of it lol" What you got to keep on top of? your car detailing or your car detailing collection lol :D I'd love to see a picture of your car, must be something else with all that attention to detail :D

I'm just waiting for my high definition cleanser to turn up now and then I can get cracking, everything else has arrived. Only problem is, when my cars nice and clean I tend to not take it anywhere (sad I know) For instance, I walk our dogs on our local common and in autumn and winter I drive the dogs round and park the car on the common. Yesterday the farmer has brought all his sheep back to graze the area for winter, the sheep have been known to headbutt shiny cars. Not something that has ever bothered me before but now I'm beside myself with worry lol.....................now that is SAD...!!!!

Yesterday the farmer has brought all his sheep back to graze the area for winter, the sheep have been known to headbutt shiny cars. Not something that has ever bothered me before but now I'm beside myself with worry lol.....................now that is SAD...!!!!

Mentioned to my Hubby that the sheep were back on the common and he looked at me mortified.........his words were, "What did you do? I hope you went straight back to the car and got off there" He's worse than me lol. I can see OCD setting in :D

lol have to keep on top of the detailing :) I hate having a dirty car lol here are some pics, n thats just with a quick hand wash and some Megs speed detailer: -

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

this is my brother car... hand wash, clay bar, wash again, dry, cleaner polish, quick rinse and then some wax/sealant to finish it off.... even take the number plates off and do it properly :)

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Wow, super shiny and one of my favourite colours too, beautiful. You park your car on a street? I bet you don't, I bet it is just parked there for those photos lol. I'd never take that car out of the garage if it was mine................... :lol:

Wow, super shiny and one of my favourite colours too, beautiful. You park your car on a street? I bet you don't, I bet it is just parked there for those photos lol. I'd never take that car out of the garage if it was mine................... :lol:

Lucky Brother having you around to clean his car. That's a beautiful car too, I must say though, I like your car best. Regards taking the number plates off......the dealers glued my rear number plate on..........cowboys.......

I've done the polishing work today and I'm really pleased with the results. Firstly I washed the car with the Autoglym shampoo and conditioner and my new microfibre wash mitt. Then I dried the car off and started to apply the AG high def cleanser, I was struggling with that stuff and didn't like it so I didn't carry on using it. I started polishing with the AG super resin polish, brilliant stuff. I gave each panel three polishes with that and on the panels with the scuffs I had five plus goes. Then finally used the AG HD polish, that is great stuff, you only need a really small amount, it will last an age. It is easy to put on and really easy to buff off.

The car is transformed and no longer looks hazy and scratched. It looks much deeper in colour too. I've still got the odd scratch that hasn't polished out but I think I will get some of the Meguiars scratch X stuff for that.

I will post some pictures tomorrow, it was getting dark by the time I'd finished tonight.

Good work Michelle get some pics up of your hard work lol

Good work Michelle get some pics up of your hard work lol

Cheers Brett, I will take pics tomorrow. I was moaning about all the money I've spent on clothes, polishes, interior stuff etc. But seeing the car now, it was worth every penny.

Do you know if the car would benefit from a High def wax each time it is washed or is that over kill? I wanted to try to build up hard coating as it were but I don't know if this wax works like that.

Anyway, I'll post some pics tomorrow :)

When ever i wash the car i always wax the car after.
So if you got the time its another lair of protection every time :)

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I will do that then. Mind you, after spending all afternoon on the car I've got my fingers crossed the next wash isn't for at least a week.

I even found myself talking to the wood pigeons today, they were flying over the car from our trees up to the roof. You don't want to know what I said to them but the word poop (polite version) was used and a few swear words when one of them just missed my head.

Cheers Brett, I will take pics tomorrow. I was moaning about all the money I've spent on clothes, polishes, interior stuff etc. But seeing the car now, it was worth every penny.

Do you know if the car would benefit from a High def wax each time it is washed or is that over kill? I wanted to try to build up hard coating as it were but I don't know if this wax works like that.

entirely up to you Michelle,

I don't necessarily wax each time I wash the car and the AG HD has good durability.

Clearly if you do it each time you are building up the protection, like Brett has said

Another tip, would be to wash your car and rinse, but do not dry, then apply the AG HD wax and then buff off, saves some time and also is easier to apply etc

Looking forward to seeing the new pics

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I will do that then. Mind you, after spending all afternoon on the car I've got my fingers crossed the next wash isn't for at least a week.

I even found myself talking to the wood pigeons today, they were flying over the car from our trees up to the roof. You don't want to know what I said to them but the word poop (polite version) was used and a few swear words when one of them just missed my head.

:lol: just don't park under any trees or lamp posts is my best policy ;)

Michelle!!, why you no rissen!! ebay link

entirely up to you Michelle,

I don't necessarily wax each time I wash the car and the AG HD has good durability.

Clearly if you do it each time you are building up the protection, like Brett has said

Another tip, would be to wash your car and rinse, but do not dry, then apply the AG HD wax and then buff off, saves some time and also is easier to apply etc

Looking forward to seeing the new pics

Thanks, great tip, I will remember that for sure especially because it saves me having to dry the car :)

Michelle!!, why you no rissen!! ebay link

Thanks for the link. Can that wax be applied over the Autoglym HD wax? What's better about it do you know?

The HD wax was really easy to apply but I didn't see any extra shine after applying it. The shine came from the auto resin polish, that stuffs great.