What's new

Best place to buy a new rear caliper?

mullis126

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CDTI
So my driver side rear caliper is binding on for the third time in as many months. I don't think I can ignore it any more and need to replace it rather than clean it up yet again.

Where's the best place to get an oem replacement? Direct from a Honda md or will euro car parts et al be able to sell me a decent quality caliper?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Edit - I suppose it would be useful to know it's a tourer not a saloon!

New ones from Honda are £400 odd. You can get a refurbished one for about £70. You pay more up front and get money back when you send them your old one in exchange. I get mine from Brake Parts Superstore online who I'd recommend but other places do them too. On the two occasions I went to BPS the replacement was a Nissin the same as the original which was on the car.

As rich says "brakes international"
use them a couple times and they have been great
Great customer service and all callipers are refurbed oem units
Excellent website to order from too

In the hunt for a new rear caliper for my red 4ws 4th gen. 4th gen parts are hard to source at best, however brake stuff is normally not to bad. Naturally the rear caliper setup is different on the 4ws than my 2ws Accord, and finding a 4ws caliper is fairly difficult.

Cheers for the info, as Brakeparts.co.uk/brakesint.co.uk actually have 4th gen 4ws stuff. Mega!

I'd give a vote to Big Redd. I got my rear calipers from them and found the service very good.

I rebuilt my front and rear, even gave them a lick of paint, last year using a Repair kit . It is dead simple. If you like you can send them to me and Il do it for you.

Cheers.

Rob

Just to let you know. I got rid of the binding and squealing noise, and they looked brand new when I was done.

SOLIDSNAKE said:
I rebuilt my front and rear, even gave them a lick of paint, last year using a Repair kit . It is dead simple. If you like you can send them to me and Il do it for you.

Cheers.

Rob

Just to let you know. I got rid of the binding and squealing noise, and they looked brand new when I was done.

Many thanks for the offer Rob - I've already been on to Brakes International and got a caliper from there but your offer is much appreciated.

jayok said:
I'd give a vote to Big Redd. I got my rear calipers from them and found the service very good.
I looked on their website but the section I needed was under re-construction! Maybe next time...

Touring the M6 said:
I looked on their website but the section I needed was under re-construction! Maybe next time...
No problem offer stands if you require it.

It costs about £20 in parts, and you can give me what you like when you get it back. I can get it done the day I receive it, and get it back sent out by my hermes for £4.30.

Cheers.