What's new

Best Tyres for under £100 each ?

Jamie91

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 iCDTI Saloon
I need 2 new tyres, and Kwik Fit are selling budgets from £51 (including fitting, disposal etc)

Would the accord benefit significantly from more expensive tyres ? I don't want to blow £100 if a £50 tyre will do 99% as good a job as the more expensive tyre.

And can anyone recommend me any good tyres under £100?

Mine has the regular sized wheels, tyre size 205/55V16

Generally the Accord seems quite sensitive to tyres so I'd spend more rather than less unless you know a budget type to perform well. I had some GT Champiro's - performed well but wear wasn't great so went up to Goodyear F1 Aysmetric 2's, definitely over £100! There's plenty of tyre threads on here so do a search, the Korean brnds seem quite popular.

Depends what driving you do, if its just commuting and urban, then budget tyres are ok. But if you like to push on a bit and have some fun, you'll soon find the budgets losing grip.
I've got some Accelera PHi on my car, great for tootling along, but accelerating around a motorway slip road last week, lost grip, traction control light flashed, doesn't inspire confidence does it? Only a 2.0 also.

You get what you pay for, another £20 a tyre will get you good brands, Goodyear etc, they have continental for £79 on a deal.

I've just had two Bridgestone T001 via Tyre Shopper, fitted by a really nice chap walking distance from the house by a tyre place that would have charged almost double if I'd not gone through Tyre Shopper.
£150 quid-ish for two all in, plus free puncture insurance.
Can't say how they compare to budget or real high end as this is about the level I always play, but I'm happy enough :)

Thanks for that !

Buying 2 of them now :)

I've just had two Bridgestone T001 via Tyre Shopper, fitted by a really nice chap walking distance from the house by a tyre place that would have charged almost double if I'd not gone through Tyre Shopper.
£150 quid-ish for two all in, plus free puncture insurance.
Can't say how they compare to budget or real high end as this is about the level I always play, but I'm happy enough :)

Road noise is the biggie, budgets are horrendous on the accord. Falkens are generally the cheapest I go but these days not bothered I drive so slow :lol:

205/55/16's for under 100 quid? The world's your oyster. Have a look at Camskill tyres for example. I bought four the same size for a non Honda two months ago, I went with Bridgestone Turanza's, I don't know what they are really like but seemed good value, about £280 fitted and Bridgestone is a respected name, so they'll do just fine for normal day to day work..

Please don't buy budget tyres, spend money on a decent set that will give you excellent grip and braking efficiency. After all, it's the only thing that connects to the road so why would you skimp on this?

I just stuck a full set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evos on mine and can't fault them. Not sure about the price for 16's, but 17's were under £80 each iirc

I just stuck a full set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evos on mine and can't fault them. Not sure about the price for 16's, but 17's were under £80 each iirc

That's a good deal, think mine came to around £100/corner for the Civic. Definitely way better than the Infinity (who) I had on before.

I did have a friend that put some budget remoulds on is mk1 Focus RS prior to selling it.