What's new

Best Wax to use?

Richardwellsy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Hi what do you recommend is the best wax to use?

I've recently brought my 2.4 Exec and I can tell it has been waxed because the water droplets stay on it for ages!

The bodywork is near enough immaculate for it's age and I would like to keep it that way.

What do you guys think the best wax is?

Cheers Rich

First clay using bilt hamber soft, then fill with Autoglym SRP, then 2 coats of Collinite 476. That is the best protection in my opinion.

Check out detailingworld.co.uk. Some people with wayyyy too much time on their hands and some over rated/priced items, but once you cut through the BS, you will find some good advice.

As above wash and claybar first and use megs 205 to really clean the paint.really there is no best wax.i have a few different ones.the easiest and quickest to use is naviwax from japan.can go on everything and wipes off with little pressure.but only lasts 6weeks ish.but i can do the whole accord in less than 25min.ive used dodojuice,but didn't think it was very easy to use.or last that long.megs techwax 2 is good with a da polisher.lasts 8 or more weeks.my favorite is valetpro beading marvellous.it last ages i can get nearly 3 months protection from it.the trick is not to snow foam and use a wash and wax.really helps the wax stay on.i only snowfoam before i put wax on

My car is white so cant comment on if the waxes improve the glow of the paint

saj said:
First clay using bilt hamber soft, then fill with Autoglym SRP, then 2 coats of Collinite 476. That is the best protection in my opinion.

Check out detailingworld.co.uk. Some people with wayyyy too much time on their hands and some over rated/priced items, but once you cut through the BS, you will find some good advice.
Not really my area this, but here's my two penneth:

bead_zpso5bhczac.jpg

The picture was taken this afternoon following a quick sponge and bucket wash. This was after a bog standard sponge and bucket wash, one coat of Autoglym SRP, one coat of Collinite 476 done in the middle of July (I've thrown the odd bucket of soapy water at it in the interim of course). Lazyness is my angle -the Collinite means it needs cleaning half as often.

It's really due a pre-winter re-coat but I've yet to muster the enthusiasm ;)

I use chemical guys paste wax 3X in a tub, costly but amazing stuff. You will find the proffesional detailers use Chemical guys and originates from the USA who we all know are obsessed with the OCD clean of their cars.

Been using it for years.