What's new

Better turbo

Found it,

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/38860-clutch-replacement-options-upgrade.html

That sounds like the one Sal, good find.

I sent an email to kestral yesterday .... waiting to hear back from them, good to read from people that have already gone down this road though ... thanks ...

Dan pointed me at kestral, also someone to make me an IC, but before I look at an IC, I'll be dismantling the front of the car and measuring up to see what I can fit in behind the bumper, might be the bumper needs to be modified ...

Thanks for all your help chaps, much appreciated ...

That thread really is a good source of information, so glad someone posted it ....

I thought Kevlar was used in most clutches... Ceramic is the material of choice for uprated?

Could be wrong of course!

Dan Ceramic/metallic clutches generally come with stronger pressure plates than standard, these types of clutch plates can be mde lighter than organic plates (offering quicker shifting capabilities) since they can continue to operate at much higher temperatures than the organic plates and so do not need excess heat absorbing mass in order to keep working. These types of clutch plates actually begin to work better as they heat up, making them very well suited to racing or track cars.In most cases, an upgrade to a metal/ceramic clutch face will also be done along with a stronger pressure plate. These types of packages can offer excellent power and heat handling capabilities, but will also have their diadvantages.