What's new

Biggred Caliper Refurbishment

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
Well it’s been three years since I’ve had my ATR calipers on the car. I refurbed them at the time but thought they could do with a freshen up and new seals are never a bad thing. Also it gave me the opportunity to spend some time with a local company which a lot of you already know…Bigg Red. Also it was a good excuse to swap the fluid for Motul rbf600 to give that a whirl and see if there is a difference.

Biggred are a small outfit located on the outskirts of Worcester and are very helpful and even offer a 1 day turn around for the non-polymer coating option. So I had look at their work and the various options and I asked them strip and paint the calipers / carriers with new seals and boots being fitted.

The colour I went for is like a silver / gun metal colour which whilst nothing fancy will serve its purpose very well. They do a polymer coating in different colours but the focus on these is durability rather than look. This means the end product has a dull matt look not a shiny colour like you see on some calipers.

I would recommend anyone who needs a refurb contacting them to compare what’s on offer http://www.biggred.co.uk/

IMGP3636.jpg

IMGP3637.jpg

IMGP3638.jpg

IMGP3639.jpg

Very nice indeed Andy :)
This certainty beats any calliper paint iv ever used and they look brand new.
Thanks for the heads up as well i was thinking of painting mine to keep the new look.

Wow super smooth man B)

yeah man, looks like a pro finish,must be well chuffed!

Looks top job there mate.
Love the look of them and the colour is spot on