What's new

Binded rear caliper

DiD

Members
Reaction score
Car
CN1
Hi everyone, as in the ***le, my rear right caliper is bind. I`m looking over the internet and am quite buffled as to what am i supposed to buy. In the Lings catalog i see that the carrier is sold separetly. Should i order it as well? My experience says no, but just to double check. Moreover i found in brakeparts.co.uk two different types of calipers; non and handbreak calipers.... Are there Accords without handbrake calipers really? Mine is a 2004 diesel executive. Since i don`t have the luxury of staying without a car, could it be something else other than binding? Like faulty handbrake cable? Really appreciate swift responses lads!!

Remove the carrier and remove the glide pins, clean them and the inside of the rubber dust cover, apply new silicone grease (SILICON, nothing else or it'll eat up the rubber) and make sure the new caliper can move freely on the pins.

I have this too. Same rear right, on my tourer. I had this on a previous car and a clean and re-lube of the caliper guide pins did the trick. I did the same with my accord and it cured it for about a month. Now it's back! I'm thinking it could be handbrake related but not sure...

Had the same on my 8th generation saloon that shares the same calliper.
Recone one from car euro parts did the trick

was going to order one, but which one do i need? it's rear right but there are two types?

10mm disc - Lucas VIN CN1
9mm VIN CN2 Fist Type.

help would be appreciated!

cheers
Rich

Rich_1981 said:
was going to order one, but which one do i need? it's rear right but there are two types?

10mm disc - Lucas VIN CN1
9mm VIN CN2 Fist Type.

help would be appreciated!

cheers
Rich

Rich this link is the calliper I used and fitted spot on.
You have 28 days to return if not and also if right to get your sur charge back when you give your old calliper back.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_Accord_2.0_2003/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-hydraulics/brake-caliper/?133600431&1&8861730d9f0835c662238acd49a9f057dcd89c27&000048

Hi,

I changed my rear disks and pads a month or so ago and now the pads on the OSR have been chewed down to nothing.

Rather than buying a whole new caliper has anyone just changed the pins/pistons which much luck?

Provided the piston's in good condition you should be fine with just a seal kit.

The shape of the piston seal is what drags the piston back a little once you let off the brake. As the seal wears, it stops doing this and the brake binds.

As has also been said, re-grease all the pins and sliders, and change the dust boots if they're perished or damaged.

If it's up front you'll feel heavy steering, and it'll pull a little. A rear, not so much.

More likely to be an alignment issue if it's particularly bad.