What's new

Blocked washer jets

simontown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord Tourer
Hi guys,

One of the front and the rear washer jets have become blocked on the Tourer, and no end of prodding them with a pin has helped :blush:

I have replacements for the front but any advice on how to access the high level jet on the rear? Any pictures would be great.....guess I need to remove the internal trim but don't want to brake it!

Was also thinking of flushing out the washer tank, any tips?

Cheers

Simon

From memory I think I just prized the rear tail gate one out of the hole, then washed the jet in hot water, and used the pump on the motor to clear the muck out, there was quite a bit of crud in the pipe. The front ones are even easier just remove the plastic grill plates and the jet can be got at.

From memory I think I just prized the rear tail gate one out of the hole, then washed the jet in hot water, and used the pump on the motor to clear the muck out, there was quite a bit of crud in the pipe. The front ones are even easier just remove the plastic grill plates and the jet can be got at.

Not sure I could prize it out without damage :unsure: to be honest I think the trim comes off behind for access just not quite sure how?

Sorry did not explain myself properly, the plastic cover nearest to the screen comes off and the gubbins is exposed. Use a small screw driver with tape on the end to prevent scratches.

Hi John....found your earlier thread....the panel has two arrows to mark the prying point.....removed in a flash.....ran through with nozzle off having cleared the tank with a diluted white vinegar solution.....soaked the nozzle in a strong soda solution, and cleaned with some fuse wire....job done!

Unfortunately, alternator now failed! Wished I'd seen the mod for the belt earlier!