What's new

blower motor query

Simonmcroy81

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 i-cdti tourer
Hiya guys, just wanted to know roughly how fast the blowers should be in the car. It's just that on full blast they seem quite underpowered. Are the resistor packs prone to fault or could it be the blower motor on its way out?

Not sure how you are judging whether the blowers are blowing hard enough, but it's more likely you have a blocked pollen filter.

Not sure how you are judging whether the blowers are blowing hard enough, but it's more likely you have a blocked pollen filter.

well, in the wifes old 08 plate civic, the blowers nearly blew your head off they were that powerful. It's just in some cars the resistor pack can cause low speeds sometimes.

Yes mate, but I've not seen that on the Accord's as yet and I believe the resistors are an integrated unit inside the climate control system on the 7th gen Honda.

Check your pollen filter - takes 30 seconds and you don't need any tools.

Yes mate, but I've not seen that on the Accord's as yet and I believe the resistors are an integrated unit inside the climate control system on the 7th gen Honda.

Check your pollen filter - takes 30 seconds and you don't need any tools.

many thanks. Just ironing out all the niggles and non-niggles as i'm intending on keeping this car for at least another 2-3 years.

Yes mate understand, but don't panic over stuff like this. Civc and Accord are actually very different cars anyway..

Just an update on this. Changed the pollen filter and all is good. Blowers are blowing nice and hard now since i did the change. Old one was really dirty and im surprised there was any blowing going on at all! ;)

I run without pollen filter as it makes it almost hurricane force....

especially useful in winter for demist/defrost etc