What's new

Blue Meanie Progress Build

Erny

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Exec
Hi all,

I thought I'd create a progress build thread for my 2.4 as a reference but also a guide for anyone that should need it.

My Ep3 was getting tired and I was ready for a change in all honesty, not wanting to pay through the nose for a Euro R, I decided to keep a look out for a 2.4 and mod it myself.

After driving over 200 miles to pick her up she was understandably filthy and so out came the cleaning products - she didnt half scrub up well:

I wanted to keep the look of the car sleek and so first thing was to remove the "Accord" badge from the rear - easily done with some dental floss and running it behind the badge itself, a quick detail with Autoglym intestive tar remover and a little buff and it was gone. A big improvement for only a couple of minutes work:

Next on the list was a full interior light conversion to LED. After seeing the previous install pictures from Andy, the improvement after switching the old bulbs for LED's was massive. Big thanks to Zain @ Horizon LEDs for sorting the kit for me, here's a few pics of before and after:

Map light - Before

Map light - After

Door light - Before

Door light - After

I can't describe how much better they are, the light coverage is so much better and they look awesome too.

Next on the agenda was a Heko deflector kit (bough direct via the bay), again streamlining the look of the car, they're rediculously easy to install:

That's all for now folks, more to come shortly.

Looks nice mate

Looking good fella.

toph said:
Good work. Easy mods but make good difference.
Yeah that's the beauty of it for little expense you can make a nice change.

Bigger things to come ;)

Small update, I bought a short shifter from brodziu (cheers for that by the way :)) and I have just come back from a drive after fitting it....If you own a 7th Gen and don't have one then you're really missing out!!

Coupled with my weighted Skunk2 gearknob the gearchange is sublime - yes it's a little heavier but it all works seamlessly to make short, crisp gear changes.

Love it and super easy to install once you get going - the hardest part is getting all the bloody trim off!

Here's some pics of the fitted short shifter, coupled with a Skunk2 weighted gearknob (400g) and Epman collar.

Hi mate the map lights you changed how did you do it I'm going to do it myself soon and don't no how to do it and don't want to break the plastic covers with screwdriver or that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busman1 said:
Hi mate the map lights you changed how did you do it I'm going to do it myself soon and don't no how to do it and don't want to break the plastic covers with screwdriver or that

Just a quick question is the map light on the 2005 accord festoon or capless 501 bulbs ? , I have the 501's but no led festoon so may have to get them