What's new

Blueprint ADL fuel filter

Um4ir

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-CDTI
Hi all,

before I knew the importance of the fuel filter and oil my 06 accord was serviced (70k mileage). Local mechanic replaced the fuel filter with a blueprint adl part. It has been a touch more noisier but generally feels the same as before when driving. I do quite low mileage 5-6k annually and am no boy racer - very rarely take the car over 2000rpm. Should I get the fuel filter replaced at the next service or is it ok to change it after the 2 yr interval with a Honda one ?

thanks in advance

I think Filters have been covered fairly extensively on here ;).

If you are not getting an EML or flashing glow plug light, then leave it till next service. But it just isn't worth the cost saving. Next service get it changed and then you won't have to worry.

Hi all,

before I knew the importance of the fuel filter and oil my 06 accord was serviced (70k mileage). Local mechanic replaced the fuel filter with a blueprint adl part. It has been a touch more noisier but generally feels the same as before when driving. I do quite low mileage 5-6k annually and am no boy racer - very rarely take the car over 2000rpm. Should I get the fuel filter replaced at the next service or is it ok to change it after the 2 yr interval with a Honda one ?

thanks in advance
Just to avoid problems it is adviceable to use genuine Honda parts buddy especially the fuel filter as the diesels get very temperamental when it comes to fuel filters..genuine parts are cheap enough, also make sure your using the correct grade of oil buddy :)

Leave it till you get stranded on the A406 in rush hour ;)

On a serious note, if it's not giving you any bother, leave it for now but whether you're using genuine or not, I wouldn't wait 2 years for a fuel filter change. Honda service intervals are total rubbish.

Agree with Fahad every 12 months is a better service plan I think and replace it with a genuin one then.

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Umair, altough the consensus on this forum is only to use Honda fuel filters, I was using blueprint for a few years with no problems. There's no doubting the Honda part will be superior but you won't do damage using blueprint...

Leave it till you get stranded on the A406 in rush hour ;)

On a serious note, if it's not giving you any bother, leave it for now but whether you're using genuine or not, I wouldn't wait 2 years for a fuel filter change. Honda service intervals are total rubbish.

you dont know how freaky that sounds. I travel on the a406 every day as part of my daily commute to work !

I didn't know it was advisable to change the fuel filter annually. Would this still hold even when annual mileage is low (say 5-6k) ?

ps. I checked my last invoice and apparently for the last 2 services the garage has been using semi-synthetic engine oil ! Looks like I'm sitting on a time bomb

thanks

Blimey... It might be an idea to get a real service done fairly soon.

Yay - my Avatar is updated.... that took a while.

Looks like I'm sitting on a time bomb

Without trying to sounds melodramatic, I think that actually might be the case!

Use it as an excuse to have it serviced properly. Get some 0w/30 oil and a service kit from Holdcroft Honda inc the Fuel Filter and then at least you'll have some peace of mind.

Agree with the other guys buddy, get a full service done using original Honda parts using 0w30 oil, that way you know its done and done properly, I too drive on the a406 its not somewhere you wana break down...