What's new

Bluetooth Fault

valhalla

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 7th gen
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice, i have read through the forum but could not find the answer i am looking for.

I have a 2006 7th gen 2.2 EX, with built in Nav and Bluetooth.

I cannot get the car into Bluetooth pairing mode. Now from what i have read you press the The phone answer / speach button on the steering wheel and when it beeps say "Phone set up" i have tried but nothing happens. no beep or anything when the button is pressed. Do we think that the button could be faulty? there is also a nav speach button underneath.. This one does work and accepts voice comands for the nav unit and heating controls.

Pretty stuck,

Has anyone has a similar problem?

kind regards

danny

Hi Danny, I have a 2007 2.2ex and have had similar problems , i have had the car over a year now and i have tried everything and still cant get my phone to pair with the car its quite a common problem from what i can gather. In the end i bought a Supertooth Buddy from Halfords for £35 and i have to say i cant fault it.

if anybody wants to sell me a faulty module just let me know. they are know to play up I'm afraid.

Cheers for the replys. Will get my multimeter on the go and see if i can figure anything out. If not looks like i will buy some more kit

Bluetooth modules are are common issue on the 7th gen unfortunately.

I have an ICTDI 2006 EX 4 door Accord and my bluetooth module works ok for a year and then started to play up. Phone started to lose bluetooth connections etc.

I have read many threads about it and some people have changed a few capacitor components on the PCB and some say its an ***embly issue with the bluetooth FPGA chip on the PCB which requires a solder re-flow. Some have put there PCBs in the oven so it can re-flow this chip, some have had success whilst others have completely written off the pcb.

Have a read here - massive thread about it
http://acurazine.com/forums/audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/bluetooth-fails-792642/

I have contacted this place, which can repair the module but i almost fell of my chair when the quoted me over £600 for the repair.
http://shop.bba-reman.com/shop/honda/honda-telephone-control-bluetooth-unit-repair/

So the cheapest solution was to hardwire and fit a parrot CK3000 system, you will also need the dedicated loom kit so no splicing is required. However it doesnt cut out your tweeters when a call is received - quite annoying but something you could easily live with.

I installed mine in the ash tray section and looks pretty oem and neat.

Hope this helps mate

I looked at the green plug on the unit, after I'd removed it. It looked to me like there were some dry joints/cracks in the solder on this plug where it is soldered into the main PCB.

I carefully resoldered all the pins on the that plug and the fault has yet to return.

You need a very fine soldering iron, a good eye and some thin solder.

^^ That's helpful

Hello mate. Do you still have the problem? If not please let me know what have you managed to do. I have same problem. Some say to disconnect unit for 5 min and will help , some so disconnect battery for 10min. I found used modules but they cost about £160. Luckily I have friend in Poland who can buy same part used for only £50. That still does not garrantee that this is the problem. What I would suggest is to ask on the forum to borrow from someone and test it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gtv said:
if anybody wants to sell me a faulty module just let me know. they are know to play up I'm afraid.
How much do you have to offer???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk