What's new

boost gauge on a cdti

Smartphone, Bluetooth OBD reader, Torque app....happy days ;)

Was thinking the same thing the other day when linked up faz

Made by Crapple. ;)

Git lol

Great link though Jon I enjoyed reading that lmao.
Anyway lets get this thread back on topic

I think Dan's already seriously answered the question. But it would be good to know if anyone's actually got this app on an iPhone because I thought that the Torque app was only for Android devices? Perhaps it was originally, I dunno :unsure: .

sorry but whats the point?.
our VVT wont show boost like a normal turbo.... max boost will be reached almost instantly and it will just hold steady until you change gear.

due to the variable vains in the turbo that are able to change their position to allow the air to be sped up on to the main vain... we reach max boost very quickly which is why the accord is rather pokey...
as the turbo spins up and the engine is forcing a higher volume of exhaust gases through (increased rpm) the vains rotate to reduce the velocity of the exhaust gasses going on to the main vains.

anywho.. unless you have a serious boost issue I would rather plumb in an oil pressure and temp guage than a boost gague on a diesel.

so the short but sweet answer is.... yes you can plumb a boost gauge in.... but you would have spent money more wisely getting a oil temp gauge

Makes sense :lol: the torque app display was pretty unexciting :lol:

Which reminds me. Must reinstall it.

Well ok how about boost oil pressure and temp gauge :lol: I figured the only way to get the bost gauge will be tobtap into the inlet manifold...

Nothing wrong with gauges I loved mine when I had them. :wub: :D

PICT0070.jpg

My Defis were my Favourite :D

gauge3copy.jpg

gauge2copy.jpg

The eagle eyed will spot the Blitz Turbo time which also had a boost gauge in it too :blush:

You could probably buy an Andoid phone and OBDii adapter for the cost of a decent boost gauge any way.

On my old Scoob I did notice that having an oil temp gauge showed me that the oil took an extra 10 mins to warm up compared to what the dashboard read out was saying.

That vtec lights cool. ;) I'd say the most useful gauge I had was a shift light with beep. It just meant I could keep my eyes on the road and change gear at the optimum point. The other gauges just highlighted if there was a fault or not.

Forget the boost gauge get this :D

5" Tacho

The pod was in my RB5 Impreza. Originally there was a cubby hole on the top but I removed the lid and droped the pod on top. The defis were good because you could record something like 3-5 minutes which did actually highlight a problem. Defis arent cheap though. That lot probably cost me £450-£500 but I did get my money back on them when I sold them. :)