What's new

Boot seems to be wet inside

Mazeyshane

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 1.8
Inside the boot, the carpet seems to be abit damp bit not alot and on.the inside of the boot lid it seems to be abit of condensation.
Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

you probably have a leak somewhere, check rubber seals, hinges, rear light cluster area.

Have a look in the spare tyre well too - is that full of water. Mine was like a swimming pool in there. If so, there are some bungs to drain it. Common water ingress areas are the hinges and the light clusters. Some members have took off their hatches (you say yours is the Booted saloon? - I'm ***uming the procedures are similar) and cleaned . sealed them up. I just stuck a load of grease on them. The light clusters are worth removing (easy job) and the rubber seals cleaning / revitalising (Autoglym do some suitable products). Most likely with the lights, though, is a small locating pin which goes through a corresponding hole (take them off and you'll see it). The seal seems to be felt or something and most likely perished by now. Throw them, and when refitting the clusters, use some silicone. Have a search round the members site - there's loads of info on this... including my experiences!

Ok thanks for the help both of yiu, ive had a quick look and the spoiler well i can move it up and down and the seal between the apoiler and boot seems to be poking out abit, reckon that could be the problem?

Had the same issue - bunch of water in the boot. Started with applying some sealant on rear lights seals, but that didn't help. Took the lights out again, and i found that some of the seam sealer in the left hand side of the rear light area perished and there was a gap between seams. Put some sealer on that gap and it looks, that the problem is gone :)

Ok mate thanks :) will have a look proper, gona try tighten the spoiler up, hipefully i dont snap the bolts cos theyre rusty :/ and in the boot is there meant be a tray sorta thing in the boot lid or is it meant be open so you can just change the reg bulbs or si there meant be a boot thing there you need to rrmove before you get to the bulbs? If you get me?

i was going to post the same question. I too have water in the boot. On Rover 75's the light seals are a common problem for water in the boot and I think there can be water ingress on the base of the rear window. My Accord is a hatch back.
Lens cluster seals may not be cheap but I think I'll either try that or get some blank neoprene from ebay and make some.

2lexec

just rang Honda, selas dont come speratly, you have to buy the light cluster, £76. crack honda, you keep that price, i'm sure you will sell lots of them.

Off to ebay it is

2lexec

Let me no if you get it soeted mate, i tried to tighten my spoler before but the bolt is spinning so thats buggered my idea, gona have try somet cos the car behind the light clusters is damp and so its either the lights or the spoiler, dno which yet tho and when i opened my toold box in boot before it was just full of water that its picked up and all tools rusty now:(