What's new

Boot won't open !

DJX1Y

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX GT idtec
I tried opening my boot (saloon) and it won't open via micro switch( button in boot ) or by trying the button in the door. But it will open the boot via key fob

Any ideas what could be wrong !?

Thanks in advance for help/info

There is an isolating switch in the glovebox , try that .... Caught a few of us out before ;-)

Yep top right hand side of glove box

Hi All, just signed up to this forum as I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I'll check this out and fingers crossed this will sort it. Cheers

Same problem, but in tourer with power tailgate. Everything else is working but outer handle switch does not do anything. Is there also secret switch somewhere? Is it difficult to remove outer handle switch? Any tips?

TKR Yeh, if you jump in the boot from a back door, remove the trim at the back and the lever is visible, flick that and pop opens the boot. Check the door window switches in case one has failed and its preventing the tail gate opening, I had this exact issue.

I just had same thing on tourer.

Tourers don't have the switch in the glove box so more than likely the passenger window switch is faulty

After the boot started to intermittently fail the window and mirror on the same door went

Changed the switch under warranty and all good now

I this to buy they are a bit shy of £300

TKR said:
Same problem, but in tourer with power tailgate. Everything else is working but outer handle switch does not do anything. Is there also secret switch somewhere? Is it difficult to remove outer handle switch? Any tips?
Outer handle switch was faulty. But now something else.,,

Few seconds after starting engine, tailgate opens. You can hear short electrical motor sound (probably from the lock motor) from the tailgate and after that you can see the tailgate open light on the dash. Tailgate do not open fully, only enough to ignite the light on the dash. Car has power tailgate. What could cause this? Everything else is working fine and this appears only when all doors are unlocked (remote double click done)

yes the sound will be from the 'lock motor' aka "closer unit" , on the 7th gen the outer handle sometimes sticks slightly causing similar problems, so it sounds like there is still an issue ***ociated with the outer handle.

When you say "outer handle switch was faulty", what/where was the switch ? AFAIK the switch is built into the "closer unit"

I mean switch/handle that is located in tailgate. You press it if you want to open tailgate manually outside the car. Earlier that switch was faulty. I took it off, measure it with multimeter and there were no contact at all. I Install new one and everything worked fine almost a year. Bad luck if it is faulty again. But anyway, I will check it again.

sorry my English

Not your English, my memory LOL

I had to check on the circuit diagram, the switch that the outer handle 'trips' is not built into the 'closer unit'.
As you describe, it is a separate switch. Same on the 8th gen.

I guess that the switch is possibly 'vibrating' such that the controller informs the 'closer unit' that someone has pulled the outer handle. If the outer handle is pulled, the 'closer unit' will open the latch but the motor in the roof won't raise the tailgate (because if the outer handle is pulled manually, it is expected that the tailgate will be raised manually).

Working well now. Outer handle was faulty again. Needed to change at random because testing with multi meter did not show any malfunctions. Without any previous experience and hint might be very difficult fault to find. Thanx freddofrog!

Glad all sorted now

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

It has started happening to mine, a 2009 saloon model. Then it worked for a day or two and went back to not working. Going to search for that isolating switch in the glove box.