What's new

Bought 2nd 7th...

shadow2kn

Reaction score
Car
CL7 and CL9
Hey all,
after struggling between which car to buy, finally stumbled upon and bought an 07 7th(lovely looks)… yay...
however, a bit stuck in a situation, i'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but I couldn't find any..
the pics attached one of them has red circle around where I installed the xcarlink thingy, but when I press CD/AUX it doesn't do anything :(
however it works perfectly in my non-Nav 7th gen
Help please??

also took a pic for the connectors that go behind the nav screen attached

Attachments

• pcic2.JPG
    pcic2.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 5
any help chaps?
to elaborate, it has built in 6 CD changer and Nav... how or where do I connect my aux adaptor?

I took it off my non-Nav and non-6CD version CL7

You need an XCarLink. There's a silly multi-pin connector on the back of the unit. It's a centre console out job. It's actually designed for a cassette or CD changer, but the XCarLink plugs into it and then you plug your iPhone, iPod or aux cable into the XCarLink and all the steering wheel controls and heads up display just works. They're a faff to install, but good once they're in.

I should caveat that with track skip/playlist skip won't work if you're just using the aux, only an iPhone/iPod allow track/playlist skip.

sorry pic now attached
Yeah, that's what I did, plugged the white connector from my Connects2 aux into the empty port behind the centre console, but it didn't do anything... probably because the whole DVD unit was unplugged?

coz I took everything out, unplugged and took out the DVD, then removed the centre console(Nav display) but kept that plugged in and plugged the aux behind the console and turned the radio on then pressed CD/AUX, but that wouldn't do anything..
what i'll do now is, connect the aux, plug everything back(including the DVD) and see if that picks it up.