What's new

Brake Caliper Paint

adam123

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type s
Well as I'm sure 99% of the calipers are mine are pretty rusty and I wouldn't mind painting them black. Halfords do a caliper paint but the slightest drop of brake fluid and it strips apparently(I'm well aware brake fluid is a fantastic paint stripper) so I've thought of maybe just some black stone chip? Has anyone got any ideas or experience?

Just remember that your brakes do get hot so the paint needs to be resistant to high temperatures.

I had the same plan! The Halfords I looked at said only good to 80C, which they reckon is enough, but I'd rather only do the job once than find out the hard way.
There's plenty on eBay, but I'd go with a recommendation if there's one out there. Or good old Hammerite...

Haha are you planning to paint them with the hoses still connected or are you going to completely disconnect the caliper?
If the calipers where a bit bigger I'd be tempted to go for red but think I'll stick with black. I might try and get some high temp hammerite

You could use barbecue paint, if you like matt black ? Very heat resistant and almost as good as powder coating.

7th Gen Tourer said:
Just remember that your brakes do get hot so the paint needs to be resistant to high temperatures.
I painted my EP calipers in metallic dark red. No primer. Not heat resistant. Staying on for 3 years now, even after i sold the car. Heat resistant too expensive. As long as you don't use £2 paint for it, it should be fine.

Hi All,

I used the Etech Caliper Paint which can be found at most places at a cost of approx. £12.
Painted mine with without taking anything apart and the I had no problems at all.

Car looks stunning mate

I think you've changed my mind on the red calipers. Looks fantastic that mate. Appreciate the input