What's new

brakes dont feel right

Um4ir

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-CDTI
I had my brake fluid changed recently. The brakes dont feel the same as before. Prior to the change they would "grab" a lot higher up the pedal. Now I have to push the pedal a lot further down to get the same effect. Any reason for this ?

thanks

You've got air in the system. Either take it back or take it to someone who knows what they're doing mate.

Yep as Faddy said mate.

is it a long procedure to get the air out?

From memory when he was replacing the fluid he was asking me to do various things with the brake pedal while the vehicle was hoisted up on the ramp

Yep as Faddy said mate.

Well there's your problem, he's doing it the old fashioned way with someone who isn't experienced in bleeding brakes sat behind the wheel (no offence).

really it needs to be done via a vaccum pump, not the two person method.

It is an easy process that can be done by yourself with the correct, CHEAP equipment.

I hope he didn't charge you for the "service" provided?

I did a "how-to" a while back which included bleeding the brakes by myself with the car on stands - and they are optional.

I did it and I cam a complete novice at this kind of thing.

the right equipment makes it simples. ;).

do you have the link for the how-to?

It is an easy process that can be done by yourself with the correct, CHEAP equipment.

I hope he didn't charge you for the "service" provided?

I did a "how-to" a while back which included bleeding the brakes by myself with the car on stands - and they are optional.

I did it and I cam a complete novice at this kind of thing.

the right equipment makes it simples. ;).

Here you go:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/6607-tourer-rear-brake-change/